What have you used your metal detector for??

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I told some annoying kids on the beach it was a body part detector. Sharks been eating kids lately… looking for remains.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it to pick up chicks!

metal%20detector.jpg

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal plate in grandpas head? :dontknow:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Back a few yrs, my brother shot a deer head on, meaning he shot the deer that was looking at him in the neck right below the jaw. We gutted the deer and then took the deer home and skinned it. We couldn't find the rifled slug....there was no exit of it. I took my metal detector and began scanning the deer, finding out that the slug traveled down it's spine. As we cut up the deer, I used the detector to find and remove pieces of the slug from almost the length of the spine.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Years ago we were in Florida and a guy came up to my husband and asked him if he could help him find his wife's rings.He was new to metal detecting but ended up finding them for the guy and the engagement ring and wedding band were still together though she had taken them off to put on suntan oil.The couple were newlyweds and were so excited.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My next door neighbor was a contractor. He and his company were building a townhouse complex not too far from we lived. He came over to the house and asked me if my detector would find metal pipes below ground. I told him that it would if they weren't too deep. He said that he had dug a tunnel under a roadway (on the private property) trying to find the pipes with no luck. I went with him to the site, crawled into the tunnel, and located the pipes within just a few minutes. He was really surprised; and grateful!!
I also used it to find the metal markers of the property that we purchased.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle is a First Selectman a couple of towns south of me. He had a map of where some sewer covers were, but they were paved over a few years back. Nothing overloads a detector like a sewer cover.

My wife was doing yard work and noticed her watch was missing. Knowing it probably went into the compost pit with the leaves, it took only a few minutes to find it.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had two couples that were skinning dipping early in the morning, think that I was going to shock the lake so they came running out as fast as they could! Didn't tell them otherwise...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember it like it was yesterday. I'd been waiting on the bus all day, I had my brown paper bag, my Tesoro, and I was ready to play. Five cowgirls pulled up in a Ford F150 and asked me if I was looking for treasure. I said I surely was. Well, I've never seen a metal detector used to find that kind of "spot" before - or since! 8-)

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used mine several times to scan Halloween candy at the PDs. One of my Chiefs wanted to try so he grabbed a little candy bar n swept it across the coil. Loud beep n he yells "Got one! Got one!" I could barely contain myself when I told him to take off his wedding band n try again. 😂 LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread