austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Pip, pretty hard to win around here ain't it? But you gave me an idea. Let's start a moat building business. We can cruise over to CoilyGirl's place, drink some beer and build her a moat. We can call it Moat's R Us, and we'll sell cheap to the poor and charge a bunch to the rich. Give me something to do until I die...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pip, pretty hard to win around here ain't it? But you gave me an idea. Let's start a moat building business. We can cruise over to CoilyGirl's place, drink some beer and build her a moat. We can call it Moat's R Us, and we'll sell cheap to the poor and charge a bunch to the rich. Give me something to do until I die...
Hey charging more for the rich happens every day for sure. We're one of the few in our neighborhood that do our own yard work and we know how much the cost really is.The young guy that does the yard work next to us just laughs his way to the bank gigging the neighbors.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Baby shoes......you can do whatever you desire, but be careful of telling other's what to do, or say, this will be my last statement on this subject.....if you have a problem with that I'm sorry, but life isn't always fair!.......gary
You haven't been here all that long yourself. Are you a mod or just get off on threatening people ? Mind being specific about what might happen if he's "not careful" ?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm in.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Malayan man pits are much better than moats:laughing7:

upe125.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, CoilyGirl. My understanding from the Mod on the other thread was basically "Whatever I decide is bad is what I will sanction". Not in those very words, but that was the best understanding I could get from what he said. I am not OK with that.

If you wish to use this site then you will have to be ok with that. I suggest you back up and read the rules before you start making post.Treasurenet is a privately owned forum Here is just a sample of what you may have missed…………..

You may not... Insult moderators, or denigrate the duties they perform.

You may not.... Act as a proxy for another member.

TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

You agree to keep your password confidential.

Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums."
Thanks, Tnmountains. I truly stand corrected.
I appreciate the mod who corrected me earlier in the fact that he did not ban me for life. He seemed reasonable even though you point out he had a nuclear option to deal with the likes of me.
In the future I may be more compliant because I like what I'm getting from this forum.
But from the beginning of my interaction on this thread this evening, I have simply asked that the rules be enforced fairly and clearly. And my belief is that things were done in an unfair, PC way.
My perception of "fair" may not be the same as yours. That's fair.
So as I understand it, We can disagree with what a mod decides, but we cannot express that in any forum. OK.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are people also and enjoy using the site as you do. We are not always here to just Moderate. We like getting involved and each Mod actually enjoys getting out and hunting. But if a Moderator has to moderate and you have a problem with them doing their duties please PM them. Do not air it in public is what they ask. I think that is fair and it does not get everyone involved.
We are glad you are here and remember there are many other sections here that pertain to actual Treasure Hunting. The Everything else is well everything else. :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums."
Thanks, Tnmountains. I truly stand corrected.
I appreciate the mod who corrected me earlier in the fact that he did not ban me for life. He seemed reasonable even though you point out he had a nuclear option to deal with the likes of me.
In the future I may be more compliant because I like what I'm getting from this forum.
But from the beginning of my interaction on this thread this evening, I have simply asked that the rules be enforced fairly and clearly. And my belief is that things were done in an unfair, PC way.
My perception of "fair" may not be the same as yours. That's fair.
So as I understand it, We can disagree with what a mod decides, but we cannot express that in any forum. OK.

Mod's are like umpires or referees in sports, many times it comes down to a judgment call like balls and strikes in a ball game. Threads and posts are not always black and white, there are many shades of grey.....

Many times Mods discuss threads and posts behind the scenes to see if we agree on a call made or a call that needs to be made.

If members disagree with something they can pm the mod in question or any other mod, but it violates our rules to argue with mods or our TOS or rules in open forums....

New members are always welcome and we are not quick to ban a new member who does not know or understand our rules unless they continue to be belligerent or offensive in their comments after warnings...

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id like to see more positive statements made,life is no fun if you just dwell on the negitive side of things.we need a positve thought for the day thread or section

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the moat sounds like a great idea, and so does a briar patch. So, how about a briar patch so thick you can't see through it, infested with deer ticks, Malayan man pits with punji stakes, and then a sudden deep moat they can't climb out of, filled with the run-off from the outside toilet?

Think Positive :)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep political attacks out of this or your post will be moderated .Please ready the rules.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the moat sounds like a great idea, and so does a briar patch. So, how about a briar patch so thick you can't see through it, infested with deer ticks, Malayan man pits with punji stakes, and then a sudden deep moat they can't climb out of, filled with the run-off from the outside toilet?

I'm positive that would work.I'm positive that the briar patch should be right on the edge of the malayan man pit.Bad surprise once you bush whack your way through the briar patch.I'm also positive that the second to the last line of defense should be the deep moat.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no money, so that makes me poor, but I am extremely rich in spirit...what more can I ask for.
Moats are kinda obvious, many small puddles around the yard not so much, now some wire here and some there, and a hidden transformer there, and you have a SHTF sorta moat that is very effective with a few hundred amps running through it.

Can you say Barbeque Bonus!!

Mike

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Dear Mod...I just came off a discussion that culminated in the conclusion that TN would no longer harbor threads that were blatantly political, or religious. And I was told under no uncertain terms that any thread that was not specifically treasure-hunting related, would likely be removed.

I don't see where this thread has anything to do with the focus of TN. Although the article does not specifically target any particular political viewpoint, the OP's choice of title ("Poor Rich People") seems to make a political point.
This, coupled with the fact that this thread does not have anything to do with treasure hunting, leads me to request that you provide your members with the same consideration with this thread as you did with the threads under the Second Amendment Forum.

Thanks.

I'm sure you could find a lot of treasure in those houses.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny how this is a Metal Detecting..Treasure Hunting website....Yet I noticed that a Select few only actaully post stuff about Detecting or treasure hunting.

Are there really this many people unhappy with thier own life they just like to rant about the obvious Politics and Religion?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Its funny how this is a Metal Detecting..Treasure Hunting website....Yet I noticed that a Select few only actaully post stuff about Detecting or treasure hunting.

Are there really this many people unhappy with thier own life they just like to rant about the obvious Politics and Religion?

BUT,

Do not forget this is EVERYTHING ELSE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions