Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Pouch for Pinpointer.

I didnt like the way my Automax V4 clipped to my belt so I bought an AK 30rd mag pouch and cut a hole in the bottom. It clips to my belt and wont fall off. I also put a rubber piece on the pinpointer tip to protect it when I poke it into the dirt.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

us
    finder of the gold coin

Jan 2005
    LOU-EVIL KY
    white's DFX
    1 times

Re: Pouch for Pinpointer.

good idea.

mark

us
    Jul 2005
    N Louisiana
    Ace 250
    3 times

I'll have to look around for something like that. Mine keeps falling off my belt; it's top-heavy. Thanks for the idea. -Noodle
    Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Jul 2007

I zip-tied a piece of 1" PVC about 8" long to side of my leather nailpouch. Nothing to undo, just lift it out.

Smitty

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSmith
    I zip-tied a piece of 1" PVC about 8" long to side of my leather nailpouch. Nothing to undo, just lift it out.

Smitty
    Good idea also. Does it stay put when you bend down?

I got tired of bumping the on/off switch and killing my batteries. This pouch helps prevent accidental switching. Why don't the manufacturers put a better switch on these pinpointers? I hate that slide button...too easy to bump..

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle
    I'll have to look around for something like that. Mine keeps falling off my belt; it's top-heavy. Thanks for the idea. -Noodle
    I purchased it at an Army surplus store. Its for a magazine clip.

us
    Jan 2007
    Nebraska
    Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
    1 times

Good idea!
    I have a couple M16 pouches laying about, I'll have to convert one.
    Member of the "Rowdy Bunch"...CTH 2007...Iron Removal Technician

Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bigcypresshunter
    Good idea also. Does it stay put when you bend down?

I got tired of bumping the on/off switch and killing my batteries. This pouch helps prevent accidental switching. Why don't the manufacturers put a better switch on these pinpointers? I hate that slide button...too easy to bump..
    Yes, because the probe is so long it never even slides. I don't really have any complaints about the V4 other than it's overall size.

I'd had thoughts of making a holder, something like a plastic box, open on top with the face cut-out to clear the controls. Then cut an appropriate sized hole for a PVC male adapter & locknut with a piece of pipe glued into the adapter, and a beltloop on the back. But because the singls piece of pipe works so well, I may just add a strap on the back, or even a "drop" piece to lower it a bit from my waist, I'm long-legged & long-armed & it feels like my hand's over my head by the time I remove the PP from the holder.

Another thought was to get one of those key holders thay slips over a belt (like a tall narrow "S") & just attach it to the end of the handle on the PP.

Looks like another thing to add to this winters "tinkering" list

I agree, I think they should use a momentary type switch that requires thumb pressure to turn the PP on, once you lay it down, pressure is released & unit shuts-off. Something else I may do to mine.....after the warranty expires.

Smitty

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    20 times

I went to a junk market and found a pistol holsster that fit, modified the handle to look like a grip. drives the cops nuts.

Sponsors