MVC-006E.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 786

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'll have to look around for something like that. Mine keeps falling off my belt; it's top-heavy. Thanks for the idea. -Noodle

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
I zip-tied a piece of 1" PVC about 8" long to side of my leather nailpouch. Nothing to undo, just lift it out.

Smitty

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
IndianaSmith said:
I zip-tied a piece of 1" PVC about 8" long to side of my leather nailpouch. Nothing to undo, just lift it out.

Smitty
Good idea also. Does it stay put when you bend down?

I got tired of bumping the on/off switch and killing my batteries. This pouch helps prevent accidental switching. Why don't the manufacturers put a better switch on these pinpointers? I hate that slide button...too easy to bump.. >:(

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Noodle said:
I'll have to look around for something like that. Mine keeps falling off my belt; it's top-heavy. Thanks for the idea. -Noodle
I purchased it at an Army surplus store. Its for a magazine clip.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Good idea!
I have a couple M16 pouches laying about, I'll have to convert one.

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
bigcypresshunter said:
Good idea also. Does it stay put when you bend down?

I got tired of bumping the on/off switch and killing my batteries. This pouch helps prevent accidental switching. Why don't the manufacturers put a better switch on these pinpointers? I hate that slide button...too easy to bump.. >:(

Yes, because the probe is so long it never even slides. I don't really have any complaints about the V4 other than it's overall size.

I'd had thoughts of making a holder, something like a plastic box, open on top with the face cut-out to clear the controls. Then cut an appropriate sized hole for a PVC male adapter & locknut with a piece of pipe glued into the adapter, and a beltloop on the back. But because the singls piece of pipe works so well, I may just add a strap on the back, or even a "drop" piece to lower it a bit from my waist, I'm long-legged & long-armed & it feels like my hand's over my head by the time I remove the PP from the holder.

Another thought was to get one of those key holders thay slips over a belt (like a tall narrow "S") & just attach it to the end of the handle on the PP.

Looks like another thing to add to this winters "tinkering" list ;D

I agree, I think they should use a momentary type switch that requires thumb pressure to turn the PP on, once you lay it down, pressure is released & unit shuts-off. Something else I may do to mine.....after the warranty expires.

Smitty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread