JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently become a full time motorcycle rider. I was very concerned about not being able to MD as often because I can't carry my metal detector with me very easily. I stopped by Sprts Athority (sic) to see what they had in duffle/sports bags. I knew that I needed at least 24" for the top part of the arm when either of my units is disassembled. Most of the big sport bags are 21".

It so happened that the sport bags where near the tennis section. Further down were these oddly shaped bags, like an ice cream cone, for carrying tennis rackets. I was thinking that if might work out for the loop to be on the big end. I went a few aisles over and grabbed a 28" bat and it fit in the bag nicely. When I went back to see if any of the other bags had more padding, I noticed this one that looked thicker. It turns out that it is a bag for carrying 12 tennis rackets! It was on sale for $32.00 and has a shoulder strap and back pack straps.

wilson1.jpg

This is the bag all packed and buttoned up.

wilson2.jpg

YES, Look at this, the PI Pro AND the Fisher are both packed in here with plenty of extra room.

wilson3.jpg

There are actually three long compartments, so the center one I am using for the pinpointers and other misc. stuff!

wilson4.jpg

There is a small pocket on the side big enough to hold many battery changes and other stuff.

wilson5.jpg

This is what it looks like on, fully loaded.

wilson6.jpg

From the back.

Now all I need is the beach scoop that breaks down and I will have my entire MDing hobby in one backpack. I can't believe I found this thing. Can you tell I'm psych'd?

Jack

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey jack,

congrats on the bike :wink:

the pac looks like it'll work for ya :wink:

what kinda bike did ya get ???

i ride a 76-90/6 and also have a 79-GS 425 :wink:

Attachments

• 76-90.6 BMW.8.5.5.JPG
    76-90.6 BMW.8.5.5.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 959
  • 76-90.6 BMW.8.5.5.JPG
    76-90.6 BMW.8.5.5.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 792
  • 1.2.7.JPG
    1.2.7.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 812
OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool,

Actually I've had the bike for a year. Just sold two cars, so now we have only two bikes and one car. I drive the bike full time to work now.

I have a 2007 Yamaha FJR.

Attachments

• 2007.jpg
    2007.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 848

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey jack,

Beautiful ride, simply beautiful :wink:

I'd take that ride to bed if I could :wink:

Where abouts in FL are you?

I've got a treasure huntin trip in the works, will be staying 6 nights in Fort Lauderdale June 24 to June 30. I plan to detect south beach every morn sunrise and hit Naples vicinity every sunset :wink:

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jones,

Palm Coast, FL.

Fort Liquordale to Naples is a bit of a cruise my man. Especially with gas @ $3.65 a gallon.

You'll be about a 3 1/2 hour drive from me, but your going to have much more high traffic beaches down there. DO NOT STAY ON THE BEACH AFTER DARK.

I grew up in Miami, I've known several people that have had bad things happen on the beach after dark. One wound up in the hospital. It was many years ago . . . but still . . .

Jack

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey jack,

Thanks for the advice :wink:

You will not catch me on any beach after dark, I mean, there'd be no babes to look at :wink:

Gas at 3.5 a gal is no prob, it's in the budget. When in FL, I always go back and forth from miami to naples along alligator alley :wink:

I'll probably get up to palm beach, it's one of my favs. Here's a ring a found a year ago at palm :wink:

Attachments

• Palm Beach.JPG
    Palm Beach.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 784

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I don't mean to intrude, but I couldn't help but notice complaints of high gas prices. Enjoy them while you can, folks...gas here is almost 5 dollars a gallon and is expected to reach 6 dollars a gallon by July.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions