Tell me about finding a lode
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Aug 2005
    Nevada
    XLT, GM3, GM4b
    24 times

Tell me about finding a lode

Dop you just find a quartz outcropp[ing and follow it and see if you hit gold then follow the vien Im interested. Can you really see gold in the quartz, I knowq some of the quartz is dark and the gold maybe small. I saw this and found it interestingb http://www.akmining.com/mine/jour131.htm

us
    Jul 2004
    Angels Camp,Ca.
    751 times

Re: Tell me about finding a lode

Hello robbor,Yes sometimes you can see gold in the quartz after digging it outof a vein.But mostly you don't see much for often it's covered with clay,mud etc.You can sample the different veins with using handtools only or using a detector,which has it's uses in hardrock.Butwhat if there's a pocket two feet insidethe vein?? One shouldlook in a known gold area,especially if it producedhigrade gold in the past.If you just want use hand tools,it's a fairly inexpensive way to start if your serious about it.Or you can buy an expensive detector and search mine dumps and other hardrock areas for specie.Any ,fire away. Dave

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6658 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Tell me about finding a lode

Get some books on geology at the library or if your rich buy them.You ain't a goner get but a drop of info ya need to know to even start hardrocking. Call your local jc for classesThey don't call it hard for nothing.Most expensive and labor intensive mode a mining there is.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Sponsored Links