Rock crusher or impact mill plans?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
no plans but you can make one from a large diameter pipe. have the caps on the ends to be bolted onto it for access and have a 1 inch diameter steel shaft go though it mounted on pillow block bearings. install a pully on one side that goes to either a gas engine or electric motor. inside of this chamber youll need to make or buy a steel adaptor that slides over the 1 inch shaft that has 3 or 4 thick flutes on it so that several holes can be drilled along the flutes. these holes hold hardend steel chains.the kind of chain that truckers use to tie down their loads. old ,broken chains will do fine! fasten these sections of chain with clevices . now youll need to have a access port to add material and it needs tobe baffeled so that chuncks of material wont fly out and hit you.plus a adjustable exit port so you can adjust the finess of material(screening)basically thats it.you can design your own to suit your needs.remeber to wear a good dust mask to prevent breathing in any silicon dust(silicosis is a killer!)

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Thanks to both of you for the replies. I have a buddy that has a machine shop. He volunteered to make me an impact mill or crusher. I can't justify spending the money to buy one, but it sure would make things easier.

chrisrich

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2009
Hi there.

Lots of good information in this post. I also came across some other sources of products that you may be interested in.

They feature the JC2500 fine jaw crusher you are talking about as well as some more up to date road & bridge heavy industry equipment.

They also carry the best lines of mobile crushing plants, grinding plants, feeding & conveying and screening & washing units.

www.crusher-mills has an amazing collection of... rock crushers and road & bridge heavy industry equipment.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No need for one of those big, heavy(expensive) things and all. Here's a simple portable one that only requires a little cutting. Go to an Ace Hardware ,or local hardware, I went to Ace. Go to the tool section and look for a "fence post driver". It has two robust handles on it. Also find a long, heavy(16 pound) iron bar that has one end hammered flat to look like a chisle with 3 inch blade. The other end of the bar will have been flattened to look like the head of a nail. That is the part you want. Find the balance point of the bar and cut it. You now have a portable sample stamp. Invert the tube, put in a handfull of course material and use the nail end of the bar to quickly stamp it into pulverized rock. If I can find my digital, I'll take pics of mine. TTC

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Thanks for the ideas. I bought a little jaw crusher that works really well.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2fishon said:
Thanks for the ideas. I bought a little jaw crusher that works really well.
How about a pic? I've been looking for a jaw crusher too. TTC

OP
OP

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I apologize for not having pictures for you yet. I loaned it out and still don't have it back. I bought it from Golden Manufacturing. They don't currently have any for sale on ebay, and I don't think they have a website. It's a great little crusher. A buddy that is a machinist said that the quality is very good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread