Rock crusher?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your probably looking at at least $500,for starters.You crush it until powder (after checking for species)then pan it.

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
If you're not looking for production do a search on ebay for a "Sore Thumb" rock crusher or any of the other small hand type rock crushers. You can make your own if you're handy like that.

bga78

Jul 31, 2008
Detector(s) used
goldgun, gemini 3, GMT, Raytech laser
crush it till very fine and pan put little mercury on the pan. separate the pregnant mercury and squez out excess mercury using silk cloth. heat the ammalgum using spoon slowlly till gold color appear.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bga78 said:
crush it till very fine and pan put little mercury on the pan. separate the pregnant mercury and squez out excess mercury using silk cloth. heat the ammalgum using spoon slowlly till gold color appear.
don't try this unless you are familiar with mercury,this is dangerous.if done right o.k. if not :angel7:it's better to use a retort,and a lot safer.fumes can kill.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
bga78 said:
don't try this unless you are familiar with mercury,this is dangerous.if done right o.k. if not :angel7:it's better to use a retort,and a lot safer.fumes can kill.
Better make sure you know you have gold in there too!! :wink:

Georgiy

Greenie
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER EVER burn mercury as suggested above. Mercury is one of the most toxic metals out there. Use your brain and filter comments like this one. Once you inhale a small - even tiny amount of vapor - you are messed up. Remember that mercury vapor is the same toxic metal in vaporized state. Once in your body - it will stay there until your body is destroyed. Immune system does not see mercury and will not try to reject it.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mercury's a bad idea all around. You've really got to know what youre doing with that stuff. Don't even physically touch the stuff.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's possible that Selenium may help with Mercury poisoning.

The Environmental Protection Agency describes selenium as an element that is “antagonistic to the toxic effects of mercury.” Consequently, selenium becomes a vital part of the support protocol when chelating or detoxifying from mercury. Add a buffered vitamin C vitamin E to the chelation or detoxification process, and you will enhance the unbinding of mercury and the safe elimination from the body.

http://www.evenbetterhealth.com/Selenium-Chelation-Mercury.php

http://www.naturalnews.com/026729_selenium_mercury_fish.html

http://www.undeerc.org/fish/pdfs/Selenium-Mercury.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20561558

Last edited:

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi where can I get a small rock crusher and how much I'm I'm looking to pay? I want someting small I can mess with for when I do go gold prospecting and I bring home quartz stones home with me. Also can you tell me how to get the gold from the rocks onece they are crushed? THanks MIKE
building one some what like Good guy had posted several weeks ago . 16 X 4"

Attachments

• image-1119041106.jpg
    image-1119041106.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 234
  • image-271312927.jpg
    image-271312927.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 234

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have the easy part done :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread