OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some are some aren't ,there are plenty of vugs [holes ] in some -true some don't look rotten ,some has just seen daylight .there were several pieces that came from the same strike .....that were pretty good . you may have seen a picture or two of gold that came from this strike :wink:-----might not be a speck in that load -----it will take me a while to determine that .but have you ever done a pan that was empty ? i have -and there will be more ,don't scare me none ....i might not hit every time . then again i don't expect to get it by the truckload ... if it was easy every body would would do it !!!!!!then i would have to find a new hobby ................... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well you can always use a air impact hammer to do this crushing for you. just remember to use a dust mask to keep from getting silicosis from the quartz rock. and keep a rag over the container while crushing.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so far i am trying to go s-l-o-w- looking for specimens , if nothing once maybe 1/2 inch - then crush . this will take a while i know ,esp. when don't have the time . but it's not going anywhere .

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Exactly, and when winter comes and all that, it's nice to have cons, hard rocks, and other propecting to do at home, while waiting for summer.

Also, I'm pretty sure you got gold in there.

Good luck!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right, TAKODA. MUCH too general to say too solid. Sulfides, oxides, tellurides. Many different places to find gold. I still hope Strick finds gold in those rocks. I brought this rock back from Stanton. Will be pulverizing it shortly. TTC (update: yes, had gold. Not much but it's there! TTC )

Attachments

• IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 784

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
That gold on pyrite piece is beautiful!

T, any chance you could give us some tips on those pictures you posted? I see a lot of intriguing red stains that look like possible gossan stains in those hills. Is that what alerted you to the area? And that small drain pond looks like it would be a real good spot to pan with all that exposed soil possibly eroding down into there.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TACODA - Quick question for you
I get plenty of that pyrite stuff; do you think I should be looking at it a little closer?
Could there be some gold mixed in with the pyrite? Any input on that one?
One days work and all I got for it was a jar of pyrite crystals about the size of B-B'S &
A couple of chunks about the size of quarters.
I gave up on a spot that was feeding me the crystals.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TAKODA said:
TerryC said:
You're right, TAKODA. MUCH too general to say too solid. Sulfides, oxides, tellurides. Many different places to find gold. I still hope Strick finds gold in those rocks. I brought this rock back from Stanton. Will be pulverizing it shortly. TTC (update: yes, had gold. Not much but it's there! TTC )

Much or not , ANY shine is better than no shine . :icon_thumright: I'll take ANY over zero every time . Maybe you will get into some better gold later on in that stuff . I hope you do .
Yes Takota, any shine is good shine. I will pay closer attention to the rocks around Stanton next time. Bumpstick... According to what I've read, ALL pyrite contains gold but most is much too fine to be economically feasable to remove. Tnx guys. TTC

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking after looking at your picks of the pyrite with the gold hanging on along side that I need to look much closer to the pieces I have been getting. I can't see to well with out a magnifier any more even to read the date on a penny. At first I thought they might be platinum the way they walked right up my gold wheel. I squeezed one with my pliers and it shattered; so I kept a moving and set them aside.

I have been working on some smelting and need to work up a better flux. My first attempt and I believe I got every thing way to hot and my gold welded itself to my smelt pot.
My second try and I have beads stuck on the sides when I tried to do a pour.
3rd. time should be the charmer. I was looking up for a good mix for my next try.
Some chemical leaching will be down the road a pinch.

My arm is finally feeling better; after the MRI they found a bulging disk in my neck, the C-5 disk.
after 2 cortisone injections I feel 10 years younger and no pain meds for almost a week.
Makes me feel like busting some rocks again and shaking the pan is good therapy. :headbang:

Good to here from you to Terry. The fever never leaves for long.
Didn't get a chance to make a trip to Collifornya this year.
Mostly rest and the flee markets looking for that yella stuff.

Here is a pick of a piece of native copper from WI.

Attachments

• Float Copper 002C.jpg
    Float Copper 002C.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 614
OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey bump , the cortisone is a temporary fix.it's easy to get feeling better -then hurt yourself worse ,thinking you were better. be careful take care of the disk ,even when you think it is better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions