Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
64896500.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Dave. Haven't been to the Rodz lately so Merry Christmas! Nice gold, but that pan has got to go! TTC

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Man, thats nice looking! Don't let the guys debating about which gold pan is the best see this picture! I've always figured that the best pan was the one with the gold. Thanks for the picture. Doug.

OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Just use that pan to hold the yellow as I'm finding it.The plastic type pans really aren't good for quartz vein gold sampling,get too scratchy

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dave wiseman said:
Just use that pan to hold the yellow as I'm finding it.The plastic type pans really aren't good for quartz vein gold sampling,get too scratchy
Just pulling your chain, Dave. ;D I would just suggest you gotta USE it more to keep the rust away! :laughing9: TTC

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Have you put a larger magnifying glass on that gold? It may be rough for a reason: looks almost crystaline, like it was eroding directly out of the quartz.

OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Tuberale said:
Have you put a larger magnifying glass on that gold? It may be rough for a reason: looks almost crystaline, like it was eroding directly out of the quartz.
.....Tuberale,it was cleaned,scrubbed directly off of quartz vein samples...We use two metal pans,the first is a classifying pan sitting on top of the regular pan,put your quartz samples including dirt,clay in the pan..rub,rub,rub..scrub the dirt,clay off the quartz with a brush,dip both pans into your panning tub,remove classifying pan and set aside for inspection later than more rubbing and rubbing and pan down carefully as quartz gold easily climbs out of one's pan.If you have visable gold pieces pan into another pan.Check the quartz carefully in your classifyer pan for species.If the samples throw gold,espec ially rough color or pieces save the quartz for crushing.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davo,has forgot more about this stuff than most on here,know!!

The ole hole is finally throwin a little huh??Glad to see it,but wheres the big pocket :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for sharing the pictures Dave, that sure is some good lookin stuff you got there. Are there any other accessory minerals you are finding with that quartz?

OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Mostly manganese,iron pyrites,various oxidized iron minerals,occasionaly arsenopyrite and calcite and rutile.The vein walls are schisty and sometimes porphry.Lot's of clay/gouge..showing the vein has been pushed(earth movements).Never have assaying done as this is small scale stuff and we can do our own speculations on the samples.Just follow the gold,man.(following the lead)....Yes Mr.Kuger, where is that pocket :dontknow:
thHPIM6461.jpg
my sampling paper,quickly written but basic stuff,,it's a little more involved..but your competition is nil in this type of gold hunting..http://www.goldplacer.com/hardrockgold.htm....others on various forums have used parts of my sampling paper and called it there own,this is copyrighted and written off the top of my head in half an hour in reply to a request on another forum years ago from a fellow with interest in the quartz gold sampling game.I answer any ??? I can with the info I have,not an expert,surely not a geologist..just a half assed prospector.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half assed :icon_scratch:I thought you got that hip fixed! :laughing7:Your so modest Dave,give your self some credit!!Who,with what college degree is always bringing samples in for you to look at????I sure appreciate all you have done for,and taught me.I am glad you guys are being rewarded keeping going down there,Mike is earning it.

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Wish I could read that link ya posted but it's not working for me.
Thanks for the pics though. :icon_thumleft:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Crystalline gold MUCH more valuable than gold alone. Worth checking on. May take a microscope to see. Also do a google search for photos of crystalline gold to compare with. Twenty years ago, crystalline gold was selling for 10x what gold alone was selling for.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Crystalline gold MUCH more valuable than gold alone. Worth checking on. May take a microscope to see. Also do a google search for photos of crystalline gold to compare with. Twenty years ago, crystalline gold was selling for 10x what gold alone was selling for.

I wish that were true!!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
Tuberale said:

I wish that were true!!

Roger that Kuger . I've had a lot of people tell me how much my GOR should be worth . Of course they ain't buying . Seems like a lot of people think every rock with a little gold on it is worth a fortune .
Like you said ...... " I wish that were true " .

It is worth exactly what you can get somebody to pay for it at the time . Period . Seems like most gold hunters think it is more rare than it actually is . Seems like most guys just don't know how to get out of the water and hunt gold in a different environment . I also think to many guys believe everything they read from the past .

But who am I to tell anybody anything . I'm just another ass in the crowd of asses . Good luck to all .

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TAKODA said:
kuger said:
Tuberale said:

I wish that were true!!

Roger that Kuger . I've had a lot of people tell me how much my GOR should be worth . Of course they ain't buying . Seems like a lot of people think every rock with a little gold on it is worth a fortune .
Like you said ...... " I wish that were true " .

It is worth exactly what you can get somebody to pay for it at the time . Period . Seems like most gold hunters think it is more rare than it actually is . Seems like most guys just don't know how to get out of the water and hunt gold in a different environment . I also think to many guys believe everything they read from the past .

But who am I to tell anybody anything . I'm just another ass in the crowd of asses . Good luck to all .

You are one smart a s s Takoda!!! :laughing7: :tongue3:
Spot on,right now specimen isnt moving at all,and I cant blame the buyers.I am trying to sell a 5.5 ouncer right now,and my buyer told me he just sent to 6 ouncers to melt!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions