Homemade Stamp Mill

buckaroo

Apr 9, 2007
California Gold Country
I built this to crush the quarts that I pick up around my property. It gets the work done.
stamp1.jpg

stamp2.jpg

stamp3.jpg

stamp4.jpg

stamp5.jpg

stamp6.jpg

Buckaroo

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:icon_thumleft: Buckaroo,

That's way cool!! How long does it take to run a batch, what does a load way, and lets see how it pans out!!??? You know we want to see some color.lol. Very nice, thanks for sharing. Gravelwasher :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

buckaroo

Apr 9, 2007
California Gold Country
Thanks George, I am in the process of building a ball mill that will be driven by the drive shaft from the stamp mill. I timed the number of strokes and the stamp drops 90 times a minute. Makes short work of the crushing. The screen on the front is 12 mesh. The plan is to crush with the stamp and the run every thing thru the ball mill. Most of the gold is very fine.

OP
OP
B

buckaroo

Apr 9, 2007
California Gold Country
It does not use much water. The amount of water depends on what your after. If you just want to crush the rock then a higher flow in needed. More of a fine crush uses less water. Some times I shut the water off and just let the hammer grind the rock fine and then open the valve a little to move the smalls out.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very slick!!!!I like it.....a lot!! :thumbsup:

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great stamp mill! Keep up the good work.
HH, RCW

Southern Yankee

Greenie
Jul 10, 2010
Any way you could do a detailed build-up on it? How small does the material have to be to go into it? Did you make the cam for it or was it "re-purposed"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread