244.4 KB · Views: 949

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good looking mineralization in your sample. Any other metals besides Cu and Au?
Curious, is this from surface drilling and if so how deep are you? Or is this underground stoping operations?
Regards,
3xflyfisher

OP
OP
jimmygoat

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Thanks for the responses guys. 3x, silver is another mineral. some assays show 70gr./ton ag. The core in the picture came from 55ft. Surface drilling. Funny thing is the icp tests shows only a trace of gold yet we have seen it twice in the core. There are also over 20 thousand ounces of gold in the tailings pile that was blown out during the floatation process for copper in the old days. Thats what I want to exploit. :wink:

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmygoat,

Thats cool. Is any of the Au in the tailings recoverable by gravity methods, maybe a jig or spirals? Or are you going to have to go down a chemical route to recover the values? Some of those old floatation tailings can be nightmares to process.

Good luck with this endevor!

3xflyfisher

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its cool pick but i had to push my eyes out to see it lol

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya id go nutty on the Tailings.. especially if the copper is cleaned out well you should be able to ref it Quick! GL and thanks for the pict!

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
I thought I would share some pictures of some unexpected gold we found while drilling for copper. The zone above and below this gold assayed only a trace. Comes from N. Cal.

Ok jimmy. Seein how I'm newer than new to this. I am guessing the green streak above the gold is the copper??
Thanks for the info it's greatly appreciated.
I'm heading to my lode claim in July hard rockin it but I don't want to leave something of value just lying around. I know I have gold silver tungsten and copper there but honestly never seen what it is sposed to look like in the wild lol
Someone showed me a rough emerald and it is not something I'd bother to pick up off ground. Then he polished it and I bout crapped.
Bill

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
yea its cool thank you

This is kinda the same thing I'm getting into. Well doubt it is a gazillion oz of gold but. I have gold and silver in roughly 300cubic yards of tailings. I can't even gather how big that is truly I may show up to find an ant hill LOL bit that would so sukketh :(.
I've also got 4 mines and around 275' of shaft to hunt thru. But my plan on the tailings is to run them thru my motorized rock crusher and then either go straight to the spiral panning machine or run thru recirculating sluice then run clean out thru the pan machine.
But other than picking the gold out and silver if it's in the pan. Idk what to do to get the most gold out of it once crushed??
Been readin like a mad man on here and tryin to soak in what smarts I can before July first lol
Everyone on here is awesome. Always willing to help and or teach us greenbeanz something of a dying art IMO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread