Whatcha Think?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pcture of the Santo Nino (?) Notice the two backfills, now why would the Spanish (Jesuits) do this?? hmm? The gentleman is one of my party.

Don Jose de La Mancha 5 pp Santa  nino.jpg 6 pp Santo Nino back fill.jpg 8 pp Santo Nino beyond the first backfll.jpg 9 pp Santo nino.jpg

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would the jesuits do that? To keep a family of fire-breathing Dragons from moving into the treasure room and setting up shop. That's all I got.:laughing7:

one blanket

Nov 14, 2006
I hear tell the gangue got put into the abandoned/worked out spaces to avoid having to get it to the surface - - - but you already knew that.

Seems like I heard also that biological traps - - such as anthrax spores or whatever else you can think of - - could have been left behind

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just going by pics ........... you sure that is backfilled and not erosion ?

Either way ........... git'n any shine ?

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning gentlemen; The materiel was put there deliberately and held in place in one spot by a timber retaining wall.

The mine is in a vert. fracture of a basalt layer, and much of the materiel is 'not' from inside of the mine, so it is not gangue materiel, nor is it erosion / roof fall off since there is no fall off in the areas that could account for the amount of materiel, which strangely enough resembles materiel from the arroyo in front of the mine tunnel...

It s the Santo Nino of the Tayopa group, but I Santo Nino a.jpg

have no idea who or when it was last worked.

It lies roughly in the contact zone between the Basalt layer -800 ft - and the limestone base.

I have sent crew up there to investigate further.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted. Great to hear from you.
Coffee is on me... :coffee2:

GG~

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'mornng goody buddy, how did you knw that I needed that cuppa coffee? gracias

I have been asked if any others have ever been to Tayopa ? "Of course, the key word is knowing that they were at Tayopa".

Yes, there has been mining in the surrounding parts of the Zone, The most interesting one is perhaps The Gold mine that was being mined in the next barranca to the SW in the 1840's, La barranca is known as El Naranjal. What is fascinating is that it was being mined by a Spaniard in the period just before the Benito Juarez revolution and was closed up, never to be knowingly reopened.

A cave well hidden in that area, which requires some rope work, was found by a local Indian, Benito, who merely chopped off bits of gold from one of the bars stored there whenever he needed food etc. He was followed many times, but always eluded his trackers. He died just before we were well established up there. . Is this, perhaps the infamous "El Naranjal" Mine which has also been looked for extensively? Supposedly in Sinaloa? This will be on our Tayopa agenda as time goes by, no hurry, since we own the area also.

To date we now know where three of the Tayopa mines positively are, and the very close certainity of two, possibly 3 more. We presently have a team up there investigating.. Since the Sant Nino is accessible, but internally blocked with two known back fills, it will be one of the priorities, however I will put a hold on it until I can get a team of experienced Mexican miners to clear it out and investigate. I have fairly high hopes for it since no one goes to the trouble to close a tunnel off with backfills for enjoyment..

One of the mines that is precisely precisely known, is because we have the survey documents. It was originally worked or filed upon in ?? - the papers were to worn and faded Then again in the1800's as the Benito Juarez, then again filed upon as La Bonanza and the San Francsco in 1924, but due to lack of work and taxes, was declared free again in 1928.. The Sierras were far more dangerous than when the Apaches controlled them, due to the many x revolutionaries that refused to go back to their farms, but instead became pure merciless bandidos.©@

I presently have it filed on also.

More to come

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome mi amigo!

Please dont keep us waiting for the next installment for too long.
Until next time ......

Vaya Con Dios

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool stuff Real De :icon_thumright: . Is the mining politics as bad there as it
is here ?

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don takoda: Nah, they realize what mining contributes to the society / economy, of course they do have environmental requirements but they are livable, not like the US.

Don Jose de La Mancha

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
El naranjal.... ¿the orange? Testing my spanish mis amigos. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread