Detecting seam diggins, vein deposits, and free gold ores

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
G'evening SEDEN: Coffee? I was wondering when someone would mention a simple Geo Chem kit and field soil sampling.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Lol that's not that a simple Geo-Chem kit or sampler, he said he uses a "Geometrics Proton Precession Mag" Proton Magnetometers | Gradiometer ? GEM Systems and also uses a "Scintillation Survey Meter" which doesn't even make sense to me as it's a radiation meter as best I can understand. I realize radioactive areas often have high mineralization but I don't see the correlation for placer gold.
I'm sure for coin shooting he uses this: MetalMapper | Geometrics.com
No disrespect Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp I enjoy your posts I just wanted to point that out lol.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uncle Matt, do you have the pamphlet "Gold Panning and Stream Prospection in SW Colorado"
by Jack L Benham, mining geologist @1980? Vallecito vicinity streams appear barren on this map.
Closer to home, Durango, there are plentiful placers indicating lodes. Junction Creek would be
closet to you.
No, but I would love to add it to my library! There was a defense department survey done of the Vallecito watershed mid last century and they found next to zero gold in their sediment tests as well.

If you know where I can find a copy of that pamphlet, let me know, zero available online so far....

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Matt, Bear Creek Publishing Co, Ouray, Colo 81427 is on the front. Try finding it through them.

rickydoo

Apr 19, 2014
Carson City,NV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super/Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live near virginia city. my lobo was going crazy. we brought a bucket home and classified it and panned it. fine gold and almost pickers of silver. i want to crush it somehow and see whats in it. i love my lobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread