whats the best way to process Sulphides?

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm partial to chemical route,, then going to electroplating for "Winning" your gold back, but its expensive and the EPA / your local Chemical distributor may frown on it if your in a residential area. If your going to smelt it out Definitely get a ton of Ventilation the last time i went this route the garage door open was not enough..

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dusted.this particular locationis in Southern Mexico. Way up the mountains.so no neighbors.

NeilDraper13

Greenie
Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try sodium bromide it disolves the sulfides and if you have any platnum it will pull that also it bio degradeable and non toxic I worked for a guy that used it to do assay work and sold plants to that ran sodium bromide salutions sorry to say he passed away 5 yrs back but there are people out there that sale the plants and sodium bromide sulution

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting Neil. Do you know the whole process?.would you mind sharing with me the info?does it work for huge amounts of material?.thanks.

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sulfide ore. if it is of sufficient grade. to get the pgms. 1st a jaw crusher take it down to 1/4 inch then a ball mill take it down to 80% minus 200. next take the slurry and reagents. most are safe to use and most are natural water soluble oils mix them at high speed add a touch of coperous at this time. then use a froth column of size needed to match the output of the ball mill. Repeat until your pgm grade is up to what you need to smelt. you should be able to do this at a few dollars per ton. and its easy to do. head ore gets dumped into the jaw crusher and the concentrated ore settles in to a drum or tank. if it works on a small scale it will work on a large scale. ALL systems will need a safe place to store your waste after its been processed. Roasting makes a problem that will coast millions to mantain. if there is copper in your ore a leach pad will never be economical . if there is free gold with the sulfides you can do one of a hundred gravity methods in combination with flotation . feel free to contact me with any questions... now I have one for you. what are the results of your fire assay? (the only true assay for value of gold / silver.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about the Bio-leaching process since it's more environmental
Friendly.. maybe by using large PVC drain Pipes..anyone knows the exact procedure?...

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Solar...I haven't done a professional assay..I just did some crude sampling on the ore using Nitric acid.and there was a nice amount of gold left..the ore was the more oxidized from the tunnel walls..and I did some samples on the creek bed and there was flour gold... I used some mercury to catch it..that way I knew it was actual Gold and not sulphide particles...

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
look up hazen research here in Colorado a big professional lab in golden colorado. they can do a gold silver platinum assay for you for under $100. If you cant do this you will be working in the wrong place on the wrong rocks with the wrong system for concentrating. and you have a tunnel and a stream! ok now you have 2 gold ore problems.
they are separate even if they are on the same property. the gold in the creak is good for some one with a dredge to work on. the other stuff(sufides) 5 sq miles of it? cool just build a state certified evaporating holding pond. copper responds to flotation very well and it will have a gold and silver byproduct in it. it will take you years to get through the red tape and permits. or if its on blm property get an exploration permit . and try to keep your work in that range for as long as you can. the fastest and cheapest way to get things rolling. good luck Bryan in Denver Colorado.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
sulfide ore. if it is of sufficient grade. to get the pgms. 1st a jaw crusher take it down to 1/4 inch then a ball mill take it down to 80% minus 200. next take the slurry and reagents. most are safe to use and most are natural water soluble oils mix them at high speed add a touch of coperous at this time. then use a froth column of size needed to match the output of the ball mill. Repeat until your pgm grade is up to what you need to smelt. you should be able to do this at a few dollars per ton. and its easy to do. head ore gets dumped into the jaw crusher and the concentrated ore settles in to a drum or tank. if it works on a small scale it will work on a large scale. ALL systems will need a safe place to store your waste after its been processed. Roasting makes a problem that will coast millions to mantain. if there is copper in your ore a leach pad will never be economical . if there is free gold with the sulfides you can do one of a hundred gravity methods in combination with flotation . feel free to contact me with any questions... now I have one for you. what are the results of your fire assay? (the only true assay for value of gold / silver.)

Could you expand on this? Or give me a website that shows a working system? I've got more sulfide ore in my area than a politician has lies in their back pocket.

I've seen froth floatation mentioned before somewhere but it was written in broken English.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread