OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When we were kids we would walk down to an old building where they had a couple ball mills laying around in a junk pile. We would take the balls out & do anything from rolling them down the streets to throwing them off of cliffs just to watch them fly down the hills. We rolled one big one down main street in Auburn once back in the 60's and took off before we got caught. Man we were little hellians back in the day :hello:

My little brothers and I rolled a bowling ball down bradshaw rd Sacramento like 40 years ago Sherrif caught us hiding in the train ditch.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a nice one herb, I may have look into it myself.
It's not often I have to crush things, but still good to have as an option.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Empireone

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My little brothers and I rolled a bowling ball down bradshaw rd Sacramento like 40 years ago Sherrif caught us hiding in the train ditch.
In our younger years we found an old rubber bowling ball and discovered if the older brother, he had a license, would drive the family station wagon at about 100 mph, we could drop the ball out of the window. It would go about a quarter of a mile through the desert taking out trees and things. On day it came back on the road and took out our neighbors rock and concrete mailbox. We stopped after that Physics lesson.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In our younger years we found an old rubber bowling ball and discovered if the older brother, he had a license, would drive the family station wagon at about 100 mph, we could drop the ball out of the window. It would go about a quarter of a mile through the desert taking out trees and things. On day it came back on the road and took out our neighbors rock and concrete mailbox. We stopped after that Physics lesson.

Lmao now I want a bowling ball! Its safer to do as an adult right?

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you use HG in that mill?

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you use HG in that mill?

to violent would flour your merc mix it with your cons it would take six months to get it all back.
How much HG would you be using ?
GT..

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
to violent would flour your merc mix it with your cons it would take six months to get it all back.
How much HG would you be using ?
GT..
Just trying to figure out what to do with all my black sand. I classify it to -100 and table 5 different grades. but thought that I could skip all that by grinding all together then table what probably at -200 then throw tails in a mixer with HG for a few hours. I love the wave table but am positive tails still have values, as well as black sand some of it is encapsulating AU. When we break open bedrock crevices we recover balls of HG that old timers left. Some is pretty buttery with lots of copper but most is pretty hard. We take those and put on a hot plate with 1/3 Nitric 2/3 dist.H2O
and after all Hg is gone we have chunks of brown colored gold and there is a bunch that is so fine it stays suspended when shook in bottle, Didn't mean to get off track with that., But I have several buckets of black sand, so many that I am going to start dumping them in 50 gal drums, I need the empty buckets lol. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread