can a Hematite-Magnetite deposit have precious metals??

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello dear friends. This time I'm asking regarding a creek that runs down from a Magnetite-Hematite Deposit .we came across this area while treasure hunting .we noticed that this creek had huge amounts of black sands and on top of the hill we found a Magnetite outcrop. And farther up an oxidized Hematite deposit.do you think I should go back and test this creek for precious metals?.back in those days I had no clue about minerals. We found out it was magnetite because we used to carried a small magnet all the time to check for ferrous and non ferrous artifacts.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish somebody with experience would go with me to Southern Mexico to check these areas. There are huge deposits of all kinds of minerals.Any takers? I live in Shiny California.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hematite

If your vein was in my area and was hematite id be on every sq inch of it.
here are some hematite ore pics, thats what youll want to look for.
All ores are differant from one disrict to another, so go to prospecting and good luck.
Use that eye glass break lots of rock and look for gold.
Good Luck n Happy Hunting Cpt Herb.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cap Herb.really nice pics. Little by little you guys make it possible for me to learn something new every day.close to this site there was a Mercury mining operation.it closed 50 years ago.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim and I were driving through El Paso. Tim said we should go to Ciudad Juarez, MX. I reminded him he needs a passport now (I have one). Also, CJ is the murder capitol of the world! Nope, I'm staying out of MX. Taco Bell is as close as I'll get! TTC

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.Terry C to tell you the truth I wouldn't go to the cartels contested grounds.it wouldn't be wise.but let me tell you.right now Canadians and Chinese are all over Mexico.they know the potential down there.actually I had an unpleasant experience with them.first with the Canadians.in the late 80'a I have info to an exploration Co in Canada about this immensely rich site.are you familiar with the Coins made in campo morado?.this is in the Guerrero state in Southern MC.well this is the site we connected the Canadians.before long.we found out that a lone Canadian prospector came to the area and upon some testing he secured a claim.in the end not even him came to enjoy the fruits of his efforts.he got entangled with people in Sonora State and it was the Sonorans together with the Canadians that Started the mining in this site.they developed this site with the company called Farallon Minera Mexicana which recently sold the proyect to a bigger company from Canada.the same happen to me with the Chinese.they outmanuver me on a site with Meshotermal Gold.you see my mistakes were that I didn't own claims.I'm trying to educate myself as to becoming a miner.I'm an Artist (ODD).but I know the huge potential for Gold,Silver,Copper etc.I understand you are in California why don't you visit me I live in the Visalia area.maybe you can guide me and give me some advise.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well.Terry C to tell you the truth I wouldn't go to the cartels contested grounds.it wouldn't be wise.but let me tell you.right now Canadians and Chinese are all over Mexico.they know the potential down there.actually I had an unpleasant experience with them.first with the Canadians.in the late 80'a I have info to an exploration Co in Canada about this immensely rich site.are you familiar with the Coins made in campo morado?.this is in the Guerrero state in Southern MC.well this is the site we connected the Canadians.before long.we found out that a lone Canadian prospector came to the area and upon some testing he secured a claim.in the end not even him came to enjoy the fruits of his efforts.he got entangled with people in Sonora State and it was the Sonorans together with the Canadians that Started the mining in this site.they developed this site with the company called Farallon Minera Mexicana which recently sold the proyect to a bigger company from Canada.the same happen to me with the Chinese.they outmanuver me on a site with Meshotermal Gold.you see my mistakes were that I didn't own claims.I'm trying to educate myself as to becoming a miner.I'm an Artist (ODD).but I know the huge potential for Gold,Silver,Copper etc.I understand you are in California why don't you visit me I live in the Visalia area.maybe you can guide me and give me some advise.
Lunch or something fisrt. (never without dinner and a movie first). I'm up and down 99 all the time.... I know where Visalia is. I'll look you up when passing through. Watch for my PM soon... toward the end of the month. TTC

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It depends on how the magnetite & hematite was deposited.
However in general, it shows signs of mineralization, further checking can't hurt.
Personally I'd analyse the magnetite, may contain among other titanium. :)

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please send a private message. I will give you my phone number. I garantee you will be amaze at the info that I have.looking forward to see you.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years later some relatives went back to get some pieces of the magnetite mineral. They took chisels and a sledge hummer even with the tools they had a hard time breaking slabs out of the deposit.the slabs tend to break at about ten inches thick. Maybe that might help as to the formation.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It tells me the magnetite may be showing parting, if it breaks in fairly clean 10" slabs.

*grins* Magnetite is hard as heck to break when massive.

The rocks is what gives away its formation, both the magnetite and the rocks next to it.
There's really no telling without seeing it in person.

Geology is like a puzzle, put together piece by piece until you have a picture.
Sometimes you get a piece wrong, and will have to edit the picture.

I'd love to see some pics though, of the magnetite and the rock(s) next to it. i.e. contact zones.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remembered seeing an orange granite towards the hematite end.wich is the higher elevation. Hopefully by August I will have Videos of the most promising sites which are four or five.for now I have some pics of the Sulphide deposit. I tried to upload them but I couldn't. I try again.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please do, if you have any trouble ask. I'm sure someone can help you with the pics to. :)

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I got the best news in decades.I WILL HAVE MY ONE MAN SHOW IN A LA GALLERY.remember? I'm painter.I know.that's what my fellow painters think when I tell them I'm a treasure hunter.In march check my exposition.I will post details.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't upload the Sulphides site photos.maybe through private message I can send photos via email.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Distrib, congratulations on the show. I'm down in OC so send me the info and I'll try to make it. Been wanting to paint for a long time now, just difficult to find the time with work, family and rocks/gold/gems!

I have been collecting some jade from a local area and the mountain is littered with hematite & magnetite. There are no gold mines on the mountain, only marble and jade. I'm wondering if there could be something there, it just wasn't found yet. I'll post a pic of the hematite & magnetite chunks I picked up.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meLee.thank you.I'm flatter.and is nice to know I'm not the only Treasure Hunter-Artist in the known Universe.be in touch please.you can send me a private message.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys I'm back.got good need on the Magnetite-Hematite deposit.I sent a relative to bring down a few pounds of sand from the creek but just sent me less than a pound to California.I did some panning today and magnet separated the concentrate leaving just a little over a teaspoon full of concentrate.and with a 15x mag glass I spotted dozens of brightly yellow dots on the bottom of the pan.this is my first encounter with Gold even though there seems to be no platinum at all.right now I'm making plans for a small drywash operation.in April would be the right time because is the driest Month.I will post pics of the flour gold soon.wish me luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions