Aqua Regia Yield.. Finally

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got it down.. (damned nitric acid!) anyhoo this is from 100 ML of fine ground pre-etched (nitric to remove copper tin etc), gold cubed, and panned ore. (the "Floating gold" we just jar) I have found a lot of ""nuggets"" but they all end up having a lot of ore attached to it.. to get rid of this i'm Acid etching off the silver and rock,, pre etching off the other impurities, dropping the platinum then Gold.
I Finally got the mix of Urea..(WOW it takes a LOT to kill nitric acid) and this was my yield off 100ml of ore (about 3.5 ounces of ore yielded 1/3 Oz or 9.7Grams) of 999.995% pure gold.
Or at least i hope it is..lmao. IMG_20130221_214439_645.jpg . Anyhoo! Big Thank you to All whom have helped with Suggestions, and Practical use, Items Sites and above all Support!
:thumbsup:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! D - I think most of that went over my head, but you're definitely learning the process. Almost 10 grams from 3.5 ozs is amazing to me - wish
you continued success:notworthy:

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks a ton Fullpan!

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so after 300ML of Gold cubed ore (About 7.635 OZ) we yielded 14.87 Grams of 99.9997% pure gold (the second batch was a little smaller) Ill post with the Ingot when i fire it on monday.. im running some more ore just to get to 1 OZ (Our First Gold Bar)!!!! yay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread