Is this some sort of washer or wash plant? Next to a wash.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is in a creek and was wondering what it was used for.
I am assuming for washing rocks off,or separating them and washing.

You can see 4 doors in the lower front. 2 on the right are partial open, and the 2 on the left are being held open with a 2x4.
This is a copper, primarily area. But,down the creek was a gold mine.Lode gold,produced 39,480 troy ounces between 1901 and 1941.
Under ground. I wonder if it would worth my while to dry pan, or check out around the bottom of this thing.
But why would someone wash the rock,and then let it fall into the creek,unless there was a conveyer belt or some shute that is now gone.

Behind the doors there is a chute that comes down.Cant tell how high it goes up yet without climbing on the piece, or climbing on the bank behind it.
Did find the opening to the mine though. The old gold mine.
mine equipment.jpg

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is in a creek and was wondering what it was used for.
I am assuming for washing rocks off,or separating them and washing.

You can see 4 doors in the lower front. 2 on the right are partial open, and the 2 on the left are being held open with a 2x4.
This is a copper, primarily area. But,down the creek was a gold mine.Lode gold,produced 39,480 troy ounces between 1901 and 1941.
Under ground. I wonder if it would worth my while to dry pan, or check out around the bottom of this thing.
But why would someone wash the rock,and then let it fall into the creek,unless there was a conveyer belt or some shute that is now gone.

Behind the doors there is a chute that comes down.Cant tell how high it goes up yet without climbing on the piece, or climbing on the bank behind it.
Did find the opening to the mine though. The old gold mine.
View attachment 775933

looks like a hopper or ore bin. always check for gold

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AYE! ^^ Tramps right there .. hehe wondering if you can get a door open? take a look at the tailings at the very least.

OP
OP
roadrunner

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will go have a closer look.
Definatley will be going into the mine again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread