Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1872
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Got A Rock you Want Identified? Post it here! gimme a good picture or 3 or 4!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1831
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration LLC

    Mar 2015
    Sonoran Desert of AZ
    199
    167 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by rios View Post
    That is a good example of gold ore. The large black, red, and orange band cutting through it horizontally is hematite and limonite. It's also hematite and limonite in the horizontal group of bands dead center of the specimen as well as the band coming in diagonally from bottom left almost meeting up with that large band. The yellow splotch on the upper left might be some kind of sulfide.

    Quartz can be stained black from mineralization. I have some samples that range from bright orange to almost red. I'll put a few here.

    Quartz outcrop

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honey blue 2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	1429030

    Copper rich quartz sample

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	1429031

    Heavily stained gold ore

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lode 4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	1429032
    Eu_citzen likes this.

  2. #1832
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by rios View Post
    This shaft is 8m deep and has produced the rocks below in the order of the pictures. What are the rocks? They have no gold as of yet
    Attachment 1428826
    Attachment 1428827
    Attachment 1428829
    #1 Uncertain.
    #2 Granitoid, perhaps.
    #3 Would need a better close-up.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  3. #1833

    Mar 2017
    26
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Really need helpClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170320_142550.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	1429276

  4. #1834
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyguy View Post
    Really need helpClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170320_142550.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	1429276
    Easy, that's an agate.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  5. #1835
    ca
    Mar 2017
    Prince Edward Island
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi,

    I've had this rock for almost twenty years and I've always been curious as to what kind it is and especially curious about the purple and white mineral/quartz.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4947.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	579.2 KB 
ID:	1429613
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4942.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	736.1 KB 
ID:	1429614
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4929.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	1429615
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4943.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	1429612  

  6. #1836

    Mar 2017
    2
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Am I on the right track? Too much for the newbie to figure out!

    ***can anyone help identify my finds and help end the madness!! I'm from San Bernardino County and I've found some interesting specimens near San Gabriel River and SBNF.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1489520435980.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	1429852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14901591719141519955125.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	1429861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490159043169-1160464118.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	1429860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14901589851611918248131.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	1429858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490158804677-1460925065.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	1429857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490158740248420791911.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	1429856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170121_151329.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	1429855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170206_001809.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1429854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170306_190503.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	1429853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490159240157645466577.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	1429862

  7. #1837

    Feb 2017
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Need help

    Hi
    I found this rock closed to an oil field in the desert in north Africa
    Is there any gold could get from it
    ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	1429885

  8. #1838
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibjilln View Post
    Hi,

    I've had this rock for almost twenty years and I've always been curious as to what kind it is and especially curious about the purple and white mineral/quartz.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4947.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	579.2 KB 
ID:	1429613
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4942.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	736.1 KB 
ID:	1429614
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4929.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	1429615
    Most of it is quartz. The purple might be amethyst. The pinkish/reddish is K feldspar. Neat find!
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  9. #1839
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperCabra View Post
    ***can anyone help identify my finds and help end the madness!! I'm from San Bernardino County and I've found some interesting specimens near San Gabriel River and SBNF.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1489520435980.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	1429852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14901591719141519955125.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	1429861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490159043169-1160464118.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	1429860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14901589851611918248131.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	1429858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490158804677-1460925065.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	1429857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490158740248420791911.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	1429856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170121_151329.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	1429855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170206_001809.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1429854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170306_190503.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	1429853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490159240157645466577.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	1429862
    Try taking new, less blurry pics. Also, limit the specimens posted to 3-4/post. Makes it easier on me.

    I do see some quartz, sulphides. The yellowish stained rocks are colored from iron - possibly decomposing pyrite.
    That's about all I can say from these pics.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  10. #1840
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathi View Post
    Hi
    I found this rock closed to an oil field in the desert in north Africa
    Is there any gold could get from it
    ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	1429885
    Only one way to find out, try it. Crush and pan, or have it assayed. Has gold been found in the area before? If yes, chances are it's worth looking into.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  11. #1841

    Mar 2017
    2
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi! I found this rock on our property in North Texas (Fort Worth area). I've never seen one like it...help?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	1430279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0125.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1430281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0126.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1430282

  12. #1842

    Mar 2017
    26
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Large rock quartz with layer of drusy? More photos upon request! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170323_133240.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	1430286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170323_141400.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1430287

  13. #1843
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vandrakes View Post
    Hi! I found this rock on our property in North Texas (Fort Worth area). I've never seen one like it...help?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	1430279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0125.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1430281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0126.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1430282

    Quartz-rich granitoid, possibly.
    vandrakes likes this.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  14. #1844
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    4,928
    810 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyguy View Post
    Large rock quartz with layer of drusy? More photos upon request! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170323_133240.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	1430286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170323_141400.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1430287
    Druzy quartz I'd say.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  15. #1845

    Mar 2017
    2
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thank you! I thought I'd be able to find a sample somewhere on the Web that's similar, but nada...well, I found K-2 stone, but I'm pretty certain I can rule that out in this part of Texas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eu_citzen View Post
    Quartz-rich granitoid, possibly.
    So, would I normally find something like this in a polished cross-section, like a countertop? And if I wanted to polish it (given its size), are there people who do that? Thanks again for your time!

 

 

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. face or rock really a picture posting test.
    By natchitoches in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2012, 08:47 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
  3. OK Picture Rock
    By fossis in forum Rocks/Gems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
  4. Apple I-mac w/ picture it! and I cant post a picture...
    By Michellets in forum Photography / Images
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2007, 10:21 AM
  5. Identified: Victorian Picture Hanger
    By jrlowe in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2006, 05:40 PM

Search tags for this page

how to know if rocks and gems that ive collected are valuable?
,
hydrothermal big vein
,

identify my rock

,

rock identification pictures

,
submit rock picture for id
,
this rock is really heavy maybe gold
,
type of rocks have gold
,
what does gold look like in quartz rocks
,
where can i take a rock to be identified
,
who can identify my rock
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0