Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 140 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2575
Like Tree645Likes

Thread: Got A Rock you Want Identified? Post it here! gimme a good picture or 3 or 4!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #2086

    Jun 2017
    2
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Found this on the outskirts of the Fort Davis MountainsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0058.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	916.7 KB 
ID:	1463251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0057.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	964.9 KB 
ID:	1463252Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0056.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	921.3 KB 
ID:	1463253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0055.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	892.0 KB 
ID:	1463254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0062.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	953.4 KB 
ID:	1463255
    Last edited by Jenniferlee; Jun 18, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

  2. #2087

    Jun 2017
    2
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    What kind of rock is this.... found on the outskirts of the Fort Davis Mountains

  3. #2088
    us
    Jun 2017
    Sun Valley NV
    Never used one
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well **** there they are! Please can you tell me about them .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5631.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	1463430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5626.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	1463435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5628.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	1463433  

  4. #2089
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by JM2855 View Post
    Attachment 1462382 Found this in a desert dry valley. Feels smooth like jasper or something. I'm wondering if it is silicified mud or limestone as it looks like it has organic debris from the bottom of a pond or something. Thoughts anyone?Attachment 1462383
    It looks sorta chalcedony-like to me. Indicates hydrothermal activity.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  5. #2090
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhadbaoui View Post
    Found this while walking through some roman ruins. It is magnetic, but more so at the lighter areas. It was shaped and polished, but boken.
    A mafic rock, poor in quartz. Can't offer a more precise ID then that.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  6. #2091
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowknyte View Post
    Can i play .

    I found this rock over in Great Island commons in Portsmouth, Nh. It's kinda porus, not easily broken and has a peacock iridescents.
    Slag is a possibility. Odd looking thing!
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  7. #2092
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  8. #2093
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferlee View Post
    Found this on the outskirts of the Fort Davis MountainsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0058.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	916.7 KB 
ID:	1463251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0057.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	964.9 KB 
ID:	1463252Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0056.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	921.3 KB 
ID:	1463253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0055.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	892.0 KB 
ID:	1463254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0062.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	953.4 KB 
ID:	1463255
    Slag.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  9. #2094
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia Elena View Post
    Well **** there they are! Please can you tell me about them .
    Looks like geode-like thing. The grayish-whiteish layering is chalcedony. Neat!
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  10. #2095

    Jun 2017
    3
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    what kind of rocks are these???

    found these near Morro Bay California and I am not sure what they are?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1720.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1463584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1712.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	1463586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1714.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	1463587  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #2096

    Jun 2017
    4
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19401438_10213661973447422_434049657_o.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	1464456 any idea ?

  12. #2097

    Jun 2017
    4
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I found this on my property in Anza California and was wondering what this could be? thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (4).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1464522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2 (4).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	1464523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3 (2).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	1464529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	1464533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image6.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1464520

    I also have this rock that I found when I was a kid at the beach somewhere in California. I've always kept it because I thought it was interesting. When you hold it up to the light it has a light pink color to it. I was wondering if this was some kind of agate? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image7.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	1464536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image8.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	739.1 KB 
ID:	1464537
    Last edited by Missy28; Jun 22, 2017 at 02:10 AM.

  13. #2098
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCoombs View Post
    found these near Morro Bay California and I am not sure what they are?
    Chip an edge with a hammer and show me the fresh surface. These are rounded and difficult to ID; I can't see the luster.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  14. #2099
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinl View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19401438_10213661973447422_434049657_o.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	1464456 any idea ?
    To blurry to tell; get me a better picture.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  15. #2100
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    5,853
    1534 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy28 View Post
    I found this on my property in Anza California and was wondering what this could be? thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (4).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1464522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2 (4).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	1464523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3 (2).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	1464529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	1464533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image6.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1464520

    I also have this rock that I found when I was a kid at the beach somewhere in California. I've always kept it because I thought it was interesting. When you hold it up to the light it has a light pink color to it. I was wondering if this was some kind of agate? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image7.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	1464536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image8.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	739.1 KB 
ID:	1464537
    #1 Is phyllite or mica schist.
    #2 Is chalcedony or agate. Agate is "banded"; dip it in water. If you see banding - agate.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

 

 

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. face or rock really a picture posting test.
    By natchitoches in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 27, 2017, 08:14 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2011, 04:59 PM
  3. OK Picture Rock
    By fossis in forum Rocks/Gems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2010, 10:20 PM
  4. Apple I-mac w/ picture it! and I cant post a picture...
    By Michellets in forum Photography / Images
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2007, 11:21 AM
  5. Identified: Victorian Picture Hanger
    By jrlowe in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2006, 06:40 PM

Search tags for this page

bezsmertnovite
,
biotite gemstone cross
,

identify my rock

,
luberoite
,

rock identification pictures

,
silver can be found in rock
,
someone to identify my rock by picture
,
what does gold look like in quartz rocks
,
what kind of rock is gold found in
,
where one can send rocks to identify whether its gold
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0