Got A Rock you Want Identified? Post it here! gimme a good picture or 3 or 4! - Page 211
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 211 of 228 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3411
Like Tree800Likes

Thread: Got A Rock you Want Identified? Post it here! gimme a good picture or 3 or 4!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #3151

    May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5,844
    4464 times
    My daughter just got back from Iceland with her son . He found a piece of metal that appeared to be molten in appearance. Its not lead or iron. It is dark gray in appearance and is heavy. I haven't had it in my hand, and until then, I'm thinking it may be a plat nugget.........I have a picture in a email BUT I,m not able to attach it to anything to get it to the forum. She is unable to get it to a jewelry shop to verify it's make up. and until then I can only dream about it!

  2. #3152

    Oct 2018
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20181017_19_47_36_Pro.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	1643294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20181017_19_59_27_Pro.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	751.8 KB 
ID:	1643293 A family friend brought this back from the mountains in Durango, Mexico. The rock is about 7 inches in diameter
    resembles a cantaloupe
    weight: approximately 25 lbs.
    as you can see, I attempted to cut and drill into it years ago and failed. however the cut surface seems to have tarnished over the years.

  3. #3153
    us
    Aug 2018
    Rio Grande Valley Texas
    8
    5 times
    Relic Hunting
    Can you help me with this rock? Is it an Indian artifact? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9575.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	1643295 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9575.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	1643295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9576.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	1643296 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9577.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	1643298

  4. #3154
    us
    Mr.

    Oct 2018
    thomson ga
    plain jane @ no name
    10
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    What is thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	15398378837591856786790.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	1643334

  5. #3155

    Jul 2018
    Wisconsin
    308
    428 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    if you really want to get inside of that thing maybe get a hammer and chisel.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoeStones View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20181017_19_47_36_Pro.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	1643294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20181017_19_59_27_Pro.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	751.8 KB 
ID:	1643293 A family friend brought this back from the mountains in Durango, Mexico. The rock is about 7 inches in diameter
    resembles a cantaloupe
    weight: approximately 25 lbs.
    as you can see, I attempted to cut and drill into it years ago and failed. however the cut surface seems to have tarnished over the years.

  6. #3156
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    6,484
    2095 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    My daughter just got back from Iceland with her son . He found a piece of metal that appeared to be molten in appearance. Its not lead or iron. It is dark gray in appearance and is heavy. I haven't had it in my hand, and until then, I'm thinking it may be a plat nugget.........I have a picture in a email BUT I,m not able to attach it to anything to get it to the forum. She is unable to get it to a jewelry shop to verify it's make up. and until then I can only dream about it!
    You need to download the picture from the e-mail to your computer if you haven't already.
    After that you should be able to do upload it. If she/you can, I'd recommend a specific gravity test for starters. Also see if a fingernail can scratch it.
    Take another little scrap piece and see if it's malleable, just to be sure it's metal.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  7. #3157
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    6,484
    2095 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoeStones View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20181017_19_47_36_Pro.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	1643294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20181017_19_59_27_Pro.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	751.8 KB 
ID:	1643293 A family friend brought this back from the mountains in Durango, Mexico. The rock is about 7 inches in diameter
    resembles a cantaloupe
    weight: approximately 25 lbs.
    as you can see, I attempted to cut and drill into it years ago and failed. however the cut surface seems to have tarnished over the years.
    Granite.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  8. #3158

    Oct 2018
    2
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181019_095147a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	1643744

    it is very heavy

  9. #3159

    Oct 2018
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Hereís my rock

    It has some kind of silver through it which can be mirrored from
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56FEC393-C6CD-4FCF-8DA4-EA742D66FC26.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	1644069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93D9B171-5033-4746-AAB5-632CFBC7209F.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	1644070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93640143-A8F2-48BC-A007-C34F5CFA9689.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	1644071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CEE8A33F-C9AB-40B5-80D8-C2949987E36C.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1644072  

  10. #3160

    Jul 2018
    Wisconsin
    308
    428 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    looks to have an aqua color to it, or is that just the lighting causing that? if you can take a close up photo that would be helpful


    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylDev View Post
    It has some kind of silver through it which can be mirrored from

  11. #3161
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    6,484
    2095 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jthrasher View Post
    Can you help me with this rock? Is it an Indian artifact? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9575.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	1643295 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9575.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	1643295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9576.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	1643296 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9577.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	1643298
    Could be sedimentary; mudstone? Uncertain. You're better of asking for Indian artifacts in a non-geology related thread. Because I have no clue.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  12. #3162
    se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    6,484
    2095 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonyli View Post
    What is thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	15398378837591856786790.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	1643334
    A blurry picture. Try again with a sharper picture.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

  13. #3163

    Oct 2018
    1
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I donít know where this came from or even if it came from the United States or not. Apparently I found this as a child on a family vacation somewhere. Thatís all my parents can remember. Can anyone help me identify it please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92CBDA66-10F3-4F5F-BC08-41044B86AF0B.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	1645077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7638CC98-4628-47A0-BF94-085D61979881.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	1645078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76B42EF9-666A-4C79-9ABB-A6B7F8F9FF13.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	1645080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF1691C8-16C7-4560-8582-09914904A6D2.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	1645081  
    T.C. likes this.

  14. #3164

    Oct 2018
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Does anyone know what this is

  15. #3165

    Oct 2018
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi there, these are some smaller pieces from a foot long/wide rock I found on a coastal beach in NSW, Australia 15 years ago. Unfortunately didn't keep the big chunk as I was just a kid. Would love to know your thoughts! Thank you

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181017_010749.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	1645522
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181017_011015.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	1645523
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181017_010846.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	1645524
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181017_011105.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	1645525
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181017_011216.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	1645526

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. face or rock really a picture posting test.
    By natchitoches in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2018, 08:19 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
  3. OK Picture Rock
    By fossis in forum Rocks/Gems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
  4. Apple I-mac w/ picture it! and I cant post a picture...
    By Michellets in forum Photography / Images
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2007, 10:21 AM
  5. Identified: Victorian Picture Hanger
    By jrlowe in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2006, 05:40 PM

Search tags for this page

bezsmertnovite
,
biotite gemstone cross
,
help identify my rock
,

identify my rock

,
luberoite
,
pictures of iron ore rocks
,

rock identification pictures

,
send a pic rock identifier
,
someone to identify my rock by picture
,
what is this rock
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0