Got A Rock you Want Identified? Post it here! gimme a good picture or 3 or 4!

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've been told its pyrite but a second opinion is always nice. thanks for your time guys

100_0365i.jpg rock.jpg

cashole

Mar 26, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert but looks like aluminum slag I dig a lot of it just never quite that size

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok do you think this could be gold in this rock thanks 004.JPG 006.JPG 012.JPG 007.JPG

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While prospecting for gold ,I moved a 1000lb rock underneath it in a area about 2 ft in diameter there is no more black sand just this blue clay ,crystals, I took a clear stone to a jeweler and they told me it was a topaz spinel. Here are a few pix of what i found. Is there any chance of diamonds ? I have a microscope 75x is there any trick to determine diamond..I look at the lattice but the lady told me it was clay.jpg rock2.jpg closerock.jpg photorocks (Small).JPG

vi666six

Greenie
Apr 29, 2014
las vegas nv
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140424_012011.jpg 20140424_012124.jpg 20140424_012133.jpg Hello, I appreciate any help you can be in helping me identify a very large rock collection I inherited. Here goes:

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cas, then its limonite, to. Not what I expected!

Jamey, possible. I like the quartz crystals, though.

vi6, if you inherited a collection, weren't the minerals labelled? They usually are.
#1 Seems to be either jade (Nephrite?) or Serpentine. Can you scratch it with a knife?
#2 Chalcedony
#3 to blurry to guess.
#4 Azurite! And a nice one at that.
#5 Uncertain.

vi666six

Greenie
Apr 29, 2014
las vegas nv
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank You! Actually they were labeled but since they had been in dry attic for ?? years they paper they were wrapped in just disintegrated, and the labels were not legible. I actually have probably over 100 pieces, and not to mention over 1000 pounds of petrified wood. so I've been told.

bendiberger

Apr 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help with desert rocks

Hey guys if you have any rocks you want identified,, or are having a problem with the composition, Post it with questions, and a brief summary of where you got it..I'm down to help!

And I love to play Stump the Chump!:coffee2:

Hi,
Ipicked these rocks on eilat mountains on the southern part of Israel.
Can you help me identifing them?
Thanks,
Bendi RR.jpg B.jpg C.jpg D.jpg E.jpg F.jpg G.jpg H.jpg I.jpg J.jpg K.jpg L.jpg M.jpg N.jpg O.jpg PP.jpg Q.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread