claims

P

parttime_miner

I believe that congress has put mining claim pantenting on hold
and that you can only discover and file an unpantented claim.

I was told that the only way you may get a patented claim is to buy one...
Thats why they are always or usually always more expensive than unpantented claims...

P

parttime_miner

PATENTED MINING CLAIM: A patented mining claim is one for which the Federal Government has passed its title to the claimant, making it private land. A person may mine and remove minerals from a mining claim without a mineral patent. However. a mineral patent gives the owner exclusive title to the locatable minerals. It also gives the owner title to the surface and other resources.
this means: You own the Land as well as the minerals

UNPATENTED MINING CLAIM: An Unpatented mining claim is a particular parcel of Federal land, valuable for a specific mineral deposit or deposits. It is a parcel for which an individual has asserted a right of possession. The right is restricted to the extraction and development of a mineral deposit. The rights granted by a mining claim are valid against a challenge by the United States and other claimants only after the discovery of a valuable mineral deposit.
this means: You are leasing, from the government, the right to extract minerals. No land ownership is conveyed.

Note: Since October 1, 1994 the BLM has been prohibited by Act of Congress from accepting any new mineral patent applications. The moratorium is annually renewed through the Interior Appropriations Acts. It is unknown how long this moratorium will continue.

http://www.theprospector.com/html/claimpatent.html

Now, we know....

P

parttime_miner

Oldestjim, thanks...

the problem with mining is that there are not enough 20 to 30 somethings out in the woods mining and enjoying. The laws getting worse each year, and is example of not enough people being invovled.

AFAIK, they probably dont want people to know that you can even camp out in the woods for free... because then people wouldnt be staying at the hotels and going to disney land and such. The powers that be dont bother to teach kids about mining, mining history and amatuer miners... its sad.. but i'm getting way off topic now... ;D

What ever happend to the good old american way?...

What happened to going out and enjoying the wilderness?....

Thats what it is all about...

oldestjim

Sep 5, 2004
Southern California
Parttime_? ? don't get discouraged. Just keep positive thoughts and do as much research as you can.

One webpage that may be of help is the ICMJ.? ?<www.icmj.com> Over the years there has been many
helpful articles published. The most prolific writer has been Edgar Heylmun with well over 300 articles published.?

OP
OP
B

brad

The "powers that be" would have us believe that a handfull of fiat paper fraudual reserve notes are more valuable than a handfull of color. Our educational system teaches things like tolerance and nonsense rather than math, science, and history. Most people don't know how easy it is to find color. I guess that's why us newcommers are here learning! ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brad im with you 1000% on your post!!!! ;D

P

parttime_miner

Please excuse me republicans... but I cant wait till Bush throws more down the hole and the country goes broke... then the price of gold will skyrocket
and our mining claims will be very valuable... not to meantion what they produce.... ;D

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Parttime_miner:
If you want to ask an? ?::)? EXPERT? ::)? ?regrading your question about
Camping/visiting in the Wilderness... Reply of Feb. 23rd..
? ? :o? ? ASK ME! ? ? :o
For the past three or four years I have been inviting people to go out with me on TH'ing/Prospecting trips!
I have found about 3-4 !
OR!? ::) an average of ....
About one a year!? ? :-
But!
All of these 3-4, are for this year alone!
None have been from prior/past years!
No One seems to be Willing to leave their comfortale A/C Homes, TVs or arm chairs and experience what is out there!
? :-? ?You're RIGHT !? ? :'(
:) What HAS HAPPENED?? ?:'?
?What has HAPPENED to the Good Old American Way!?? ?:)

rainmaker3555

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2005
Hi Brad,
I'vre been a "recreational prospector" for 15 years or so now. There isn't any pat answer to your question. It is fairly easy to stake your own new claim and if a patented claim is for sale, you have to ask youself and the seller why? "They" say that in spite of all the thousands of tons of gold that has been recovered, still 95% remains unrecovered. There has been a major gold strike in almost every state in the union. If you look around, you will find a lot of written material. e-mail me and I'll be happy to send you some links to get you started.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread