Almost there

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
as a "Junk Connoisseur" I'm dying to see one post picts!

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gone rock hunting.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gone rock hunting......

Last edited:

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kinda sad???... I know where to hide the Lawyer Bodies!...lol Take care M8.. hope it all goes well this week!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Take care tramp, we hope to keep you kicking to see the fruits of your labor.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've enjoyed reading of your mining venture Herb and I'll bet the hard work leads to a big pay day. Sorry about the foot and hope it heals soon 'cause you don't want those fellas getting used to their "project manager" being gone for too long. When I head up that way later this year I'd like to buy you a beer or cup of coffee( I always stop at the Circle K at the east end of town for a cup) Anyway, I wish you well.......Rob

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back from an over nighter prospecting out in the desert areas east of San Diego, lots of thunder storms out there creating flash floods mov'in all that rock around. Hiking up a few gullies swing'in after a big blow out you never know when a miner might get lucky. Although all I got this trip was blisters, bug bites, busted U-joint and plenty of exercise. I think its great introducing those kids to prospecting and I can see your point keeping a watchful eye on em. When I was 15 adventure and foolishness were pretty much one and the same. Given the area you live I think opening a gem shop could be a real money maker. You could open a store front on the highway selling pretty rocks to the "metaphysical new age meadow muffins" on pilgrimage to Joshua Tree National Park trying find themselves. I have done some gem mining (tourmaline and some aquamarines) but I still prefer the glitter of gold. I have always had mixed feelings about China, mostly negative, and had no idea their attention was on the Dale. In this particular situation, this might be a good thing to keep the mining districts from being annexed into JTNP. As sad as it my seem, I'd be willing to bet that a Chinese mining corporation likely has more political pull then our own domestic mining companies these days. If they offer you a job to your liking I'd consider it after all, the environmentalists take everything and give nothing. I'll PM you today about spots....Rob

Last edited:

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can feel your luck already changing Herb, that 6oz specimen just a shovel full away.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get her done M8! what is a Grubstake Bottle? gl and glad to hear your foot is better... how about the hand? Would you be up to a NM prospector coming out for a visit/ give you a hand? I would soo be down to drag the Jeep out there and get a learning from a master. Plus I havent taken a trip without the kiddos in a long while..lmao I'M down!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been drywashin the last 2 weeks trying to get grubstaked up for the mill project, We did fairly well, So i am able to get my mortar mix for the mill, which means we can get started building soon.
I am still going to drywash a few more weeks hope to find a little better diggings this time out.

I have to say this you wont really need to worry about hunting gold in the future here, 10 more years there will be nothing left in this desert. its getting really hard to find good paying grounds out this way, very spotty not only in placer also hard rock.

I don't know how others In my area do? I hear of an find now and then I think its from detectorist. If most folks are having to do like me, I have to say things are getting tough out there and the work is just getting harder.
Heres some gold shots the grubstakers should be happy............
View attachment 880750

Good work and nice shine . It ain't git'n any easier down here either . I would like
to get out in some desert type open stuff for awhile , just to get out of the wooded
type stuff for awhile ...................... just for awhile .

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gold tramp,

If your going have a rig that is about spend more time off road than on, go to bias ply tires. They flat spot overnight and vibrate a little in the morning, but they will stop most punctures that will kill a radial. They wear fast on the road, but it is worth the security off road.

What kind of truck do you have? I may be able to find you a transfer case if your willing to come and get it.

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was out there over the weekend swing'in for a few days, bivied out at the west end of the district. Weather sure was nice and saw very few prospectors. Can't believe how the place has changed since I was there last april , the area got some rain for sure and I couldn't believe all the sand in the road. One local said he hadn't seen rain like that in over 10 years. I would have liked to give ya a holler but I was with 2 other fellas and on their program, perhaps next time . I'm glad to see ya healed up enough to get back in the hills again Herb.....Take care, Rob

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE:icon_thumleft: Been working some tailing piles. My son found what we think is a nice piece, but is some acid to try and rid it of some of the host rock,

Attachments

• Bonnell Chunks 005.JPG
    Bonnell Chunks 005.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Bonnell fines 015.JPG
    Bonnell fines 015.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't wait to see your milling operation when complete, and the values of the ore you have collected over the years...... Gonna be like opening Christmas presents you have collected for many years..... :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread