Quiet Mini Ball mill, OHH soo Quiet and total cost to me was 5$

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK so I cleaned up a lady's yard because her husband had cancer.. hauling off a ton of junk to the dump.. and she gave me this Husky mini Concrete mixer, normally new its 380$ but on Craigs-list there pretty regularly 189$ anyhoo free for a good deed!.. next i needed 2 tires (unfortunately New Mexico's ravines are full of junk and it took me 20 minutes to find 2 that would work). Took 2 tires home cut off 1 side on each tire to get the depth right, and cut them down 1 side to get them into the drum. {} inside the drum. now the reason i wanted tires in it is due to GoldTramps Drum wearing out, and mines in the back yard.. so there we were trying for quiet.. It's very quiet~! yay moment.

I used some old Railroad tie-straps i had in a bucket (they weigh about 5 lbs) as my balls (hehe) and its turning it to paste!
IMG_20130817_162753_681.jpg IMG_20130817_162802_691.jpg IMG_20130817_162815_474.jpg IMG_20130817_162915_293.jpg IMG_20130817_162924_448.jpg

and video

Mini Ball Mill Quiet Cheap - YouTube

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Great idea Dusted. How long did it take to make suck large rocks into a paste? I have often thought of doing the same thing, minus the tires, just never ran into the right cement mixer. Do yours have a plastic tub, or is that metal painted?

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the Steel TUB is lined with 2 Parelli tires.. its working out very well i'm going thru about a shovel full in an hour sometimes 2.. and the tires are taking all the abuse.. there walls cover the back side of the tub and the sides..

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And how fine does it grind the material.

pretty much to paste.. I panned a couple of hundred lbs of it this weekend and then did the cleanup on it... and got 2x the amount of material out of it..lol gotta figure that out.
I'll post some pictures on the pan this evening..it's Interesting.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol seen that before..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread