Or

image-1926343963.jpg

B

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, A looks like it has some mineralization which is what you want. Are you sure that B is quartz? That looks like depositional layering instead of a quartz vein.

OP
OP
shaggy21

shaggy21

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B is 500 yard up stream from where I'm finding gold and it is in a stone like sandstone

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B is 500 yard up stream from where I'm finding gold and it is in a stone like sandstone

But are you SURE it's quartz? Quartz is formed from super-heated steam escaping from volcanic intrusions, going UP through faults in the rock strata. I have never seen a quartz band, perfectly in line with depositional layering before. Doesn't mean it can't happen, which is why I'm asking if you are positive what it is.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
heres a pic of some interesting veiny stuff, this area has quartz veins running through it and this metamorphic all within a few hundred feet of each, it gets very schistose then granite then schist again layered all through mnt, very interesting geology I will try to zip over there take some pics of the geology. pardon the dog she seems to be in every shot

View attachment 855314

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's some interesting rock right there. Any signs of mineralization in it?

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that's some interesting rock right there. Any signs of mineralization in it?

we found some good spots along the contact, any time you see a spot that is of a different color or rock type these are the areas to look for mineralizations.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im with tramp on that look for quartz in the upright position.. "thrust up" means it has had the extra Earthquake and heat added to it giving you a much better chance of having "Pockets of gold" but either way check out the pan.. take samples and follow the mineralization!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread