Why Hard Rock?

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
On a small scale operation by one's self or with a good partner the investment in equipment maybe minimal and the rewards if your very lucky are much greater..like finding a pocket(pockets) of specimen gold.If you'll be drifting,raising,sinking,timbering,blasting inside a mine.well the cost can be prohibitive and the permits you'll need a gruelling process.I've just done hillside coyote hole stuff for 30 years with hand tools.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
....but I haven't kept up on the mining journal or have read about alluvial operations on any of the main gold forums.If your hard rock mining prospect formerly had high grade ore,free milling visible gold and pockets that would be of interest.There is an old hardrock saying...one foot from a million,a million feet from a dollar....and then again,one never knows what's beyond the point of a pick....my favourite though is from an Oscar Wilde poem...every rock one breaks by day becomes ones heart by night.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
....but I haven't kept up on the mining journal or have read about alluvial operations on any of the main gold forums.If your hard rock mining prospect formerly had high grade ore,free milling visible gold and pockets that would be of interest.There is an old hardrock saying...one foot from a million,a million feet from a dollar....and then again,one never knows what's beyond the point of a pick....my favourite though is from an Oscar Wilde poem...every rock one breaks by day becomes ones heart by night.

Good one Dave, you never know whats just a pick away, And seems like im always a million feet from Both gold n dollars.

One must know the lure of the rusty dirty Quartz, that's the stuff dreams are made of !!!
The Mother Load.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread