Ely, Nevada Area Hard Rock Help Needed

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
I am looking for help locating some hard rock Lode Claims north east and north west of Ely, Nevada. Looking for an individual who is somewhat familiar with the White Pine County Area, is GPS Handy and familiar with Lode Claims or Placer Claims. Email me or call John at 1-605-431-0785 . Will pay cash salary and expenses, at least 3-5 days work and future opportunity to work our claims as a partner. Thanks

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for help locating some hard rock Lode Claims north east and north west of Ely, Nevada. Looking for an individual who is somewhat familiar with the White Pine County Area, is GPS Handy and familiar with Lode Claims or Placer Claims. Email me or call John at 1-605-431-0785 . Will pay cash salary and expenses, at least 3-5 days work and future opportunity to work our claims as a partner. Thanks
You may try running a small add in the Elko Nev. news or the Elko mining quarterly with this same request. I've had some small two man mining contractors come in to our shop in Carlin to get jackleg parts and other supplies for their side jobs, as they do a little gypo mining on their days off working for the big companies. I'll also pass the word on about your request. Last I recall any UG load mining was done in the Ely area was around the Ward Mountain I think it was. That was in the early 1990s ? and the company was called Alta Gold I think it was?

OP
OP
J

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Thanks Tamrock!! I will try add i n the Elko area. Actually any sportsman with knowledge of White Pine County back roads could be of help to me. Thanks

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a few old timers around northern Nevada who know all the ups and downs of the mining history around Ely, Austin, Eureka and that area. I had dinner one night a few years back at the Hotel Nevada there in Ely. I sat at the counter next to a Ol' fella and he was telling me all about the stirikes and mining operations in and around Ely. He lived in the area most his life if I recall?. I remember the most excellent bread bowl beef stew they served up that night. Most folks who lived in that area for a long time are very low key. You may just take a trip out there and hang out and talk to folks face to face. They seem to prefer it that way, guess they want to size ya up and see if they like you or not, plus you need to see who you may be dealing with, a lot a good eggs around a place like that, you just need to watch out for the few stinkers ever place like that has hanging around. It's done me good as a mining supply peddler, got a good lead and sale one day there in Eureka that all started at the auto parts store. They even payed for lunch and that was my responsibility, but they insisted on buying, so I take it they liked me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Thanks Tamrock. I stayed at the Nevada Hotel in Ely two nights. Awesome food, breakfast and dinner specials were the best. I will try placing an add locally, I got several replies to other adds from professionals, would cost me $400-to $500 or more a day for them so need to seek local help. If anyone knows someone who would be wiling to check out some claims near Ely, I can pay a couple hundred a day plus meals. JB

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry, no help from me, but are you talking as far out as Cherry Creek and Egan Canyon ? An old hard rock mine there was my first adventure in to see the working face - really cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread