OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why a circular shaped drum instead of a hexagonal shaped one? In my small mind, it seems the hex one would give more strikes. I cannot supply a reason, it just seems that way to me. I was also thinking if round shapes are better, then maybe an old brake drum could be used.

I've seen them built both ways. I was trying to keep the welding down to a minimum.

The next one I build will incorporate any mods that I come up with after a season of field testing this design.

GG~

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am anxious to see how it does!

Going to do a test run this week with some misc. low grade ore that I've collected from several different states over the years, Ga, NC, Az, Ca, and Nv.

The real test will be later on this season. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why a circular shaped drum instead of a hexagonal shaped one? In my small mind, it seems the hex one would give more strikes. I cannot supply a reason, it just seems that way to me. I was also thinking if round shapes are better, then maybe an old brake drum could be used.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't use a brake drum as those are usually made of cast iron and could shatter easily.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well moving along on mine . image-2504893108.jpg image-4208485164.jpg

Attachments

• image-3874706152.jpg
    image-3874706152.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin' good! :icon_thumleft:

How are you going to feed it?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's in there .

I got my engine broken in now so this week I'll start "pulverizing" some ore!

The manual said to break the engine in with no load on it so that's what I did, was surprised how much the engine vibrated. Had me worried that something was wrong with it, but after 45min of run time it smoothed out and now it runs smooth as silk.

Haven't run it with the belt on yet so it will be interesting to see what happens when the chains start spinning.
Hopefully the chains wont stretch too much as I only left 1/16" clearance to the plates.

GG~

Last edited:

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got my engine broken in now so this week I'll start "pulverizing" some ore! The manual said to break the engine in with no load on it so that's what I did, was surprised how much the engine vibrated. Had me worried that something was wrong with it, but after 45min of run time it smoothed out and now it runs smooth as silk. Haven't run it with the belt on yet so it will be interesting to see what happens when the chains start spinning. GG~
that's good to know . So I won't panic when mine vibrates . I was worried a bought it having a lot of vibration when in use . I have seen some in YouTube that seem to run smooth but I guess it depends on the type of oar being crushed .

I added a 1/2 inch x 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 block at a-bought 2:00 o clock to act as a impact for the rocks . Hope it wasn't a mistake .

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your motor spin clockwise or counter clockwise?
Mine goes counter clockwise.

GG~

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does your motor spin clockwise or counter clockwise? Mine goes counter clockwise. GG~
same as yours . I believe it's the same engine . 212 cc from harbor freight .

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same as yours . I believe it's the same engine . 212 cc from harbor freight .

Ok,

Before I did the ore test I added easily detachable legs to the frame. Will post photos later.
The ore test went great, the 1/16" clearance must be right because the rocks turned into powder fast.

One thing you need to know is that without the vacuum connected the drum will not self clean out the side port. If you want the drum to self clean without using the vacuum then you will need to place an output port into the drum at the very bottom of the drum and not out the front cover. I may decide to cut an additional port into the drum in case running the vac is not an option. I can slip a piece of sheet metal over the opening in place of the screen when that port is not in use and then change it out to the screen as needed depending on which port I'm using.

I'm real happy with the performance and I'm sure you will like yours as well.

GG~

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at your builds and was wondering if a large brake drum would work for the housing.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the pulverizer with the legs on.
They just slip into the sockets at the corners of the frame.
pulverizerandsam.jpg
Had to show off my Zuki too :tongue3:

pv.jpg

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hears the latest on my build , the impact mill .

Attachments

• image-4273333373.jpg
    image-4273333373.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 351
  • image-2712345352.jpg
    image-2712345352.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 271
  • image-538838907.jpg
    image-538838907.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 295
  • image-1880415017.jpg
    image-1880415017.jpg