We found a gold mine on our property

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your mineral does look like it may be green Beryl. Beryl is not an uncommon mineral. It is found in many colors some of which are considered gem stones. Morganite (pink), Heliodor (gold), Aquamarine (blue green) and Emerald are the most desirable color groups of Beryl and if of sufficient quality and size can bring a good price in the gemstone market. They are all the same mineral but different colors.

Emerald is a particular rare green color of Beryl. I have traded in Emeralds for more than 40 years. Your mineral in no way approaches the color profile of Emerald.

Heavy Pans

Hi Clay, what size of Beryl are usually found in quartz ? the little ones in this quartz are very small about 3/16" long X .062 round Thank you.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was 2014 and the thread grew legs...niner hasn’t checked in as far as I know to give us an update on the situation.

This is related to his/her comments so I’d bet it’s ok to keep discussing.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know one thing, i would not go in that shaft even if there was Gold sticking out the side of the walls lol don't know what it is about caves it just scares me.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it was 2014 and the thread grew legs...niner hasn’t checked in as far as I know to give us an update on the situation.

This is related to his/her comments so I’d bet it’s ok to keep discussing.

Niner was on TNet for a week in 2014 and hasn't posted since. I think he/she isn't going to join in anytime soon. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

utahvikingr

Nov 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever need any Au or Ag assessment done, I’m a professional assayer and can help you out :) I’m currently building my at-home lab, but it is functional. I’m an assayer for work, but do it at home as well. $50/assay is all I charge

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the tailing pile....they would frequently only take the high grade stuff, because they were packing it out.

In N Cal, there is a lot in the palladium group, so check the dark grey stuff...it didnt have any value then, and most thought it was just lead.
Start pumping the water out, last thing you want is to think you are stepping in water, and go down a vertical shaft!

I am kinda with Tesoro on the olivine/peridot....I found quite a bit there...

Olivine
Olivine__AZ.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions