looking for some help in seagrove NC, crushing up rock finding gold and some purple

nelsongrigg

Sep 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice white quartz, very red top, very large and buried I've metal detect it gold bug pro and get reading on it from 20-80, depends on witch side, so I could only crush a little of the top, and from 2 1x1 inch rock I got about 4 gold flakes and some purple metal stuff thats as hevy as the gold, and ideas what that is?
like to get someone that knows what they doing to help on this, of course for % thanks

OP
OP
N

nelsongrigg

Sep 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glod flakes.jpeg

here is a crappy pic but I took it from a smart phone

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the purple, metal or crystal? have you looked at it under a microscope? if its metal is it magnetic? pic of the rock it self or sample before crushed.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears that it may be Gold that is stained or possibly Gold with a heavy Copper content and/or contains some Iron. Soak all of the pieces in vinegar for a few minutes ar more, remove then rinse with water and see what they look like then.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nelsongrigg

Sep 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool thanks guys I will get back on it, I just had a ton of stuff get in my way but back at it now,,,, I'll keep you guys informed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread