Free chain for rock crushers

robert2b

Oct 28, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought 10 feet of 100 grade tie down chain and had them cut it into 3 link lengths. In my ignorance I did not realize that the hardware regular grade 5/16" chain I had been using has links that are 1 and 3/4 inch long whereas the tie down chain links are 1 and 1/2 inch in length. So, in short, my 3 link 100 grade chain is not long enough for my crusher. I just sent away for more chain in 4 link sections.

Having said that, I now have 29 pieces of 3 link 100 grade chain that I have no use for and I do not want to just throw it out. So if anybody wants it I will gladly charge you only the cost of shipping and it is yours. I figure it has to fit someone's crusher.

Bob

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's mighty nice of you sir! Wish I had a crusher so I could take you up on the offer!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My crusher is set up for 2-3/16" OD 3 link #80 3/8" chain.
Appreciate the offer though :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Last edited:

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's pretty nice of you but couldn't you just add a link by cutting and welding? Or a quick link? Especially if either one of those was on the shaft and not used as the flail end. This is kinda related but in another thread I posted that you can get your own replacement screen for cheap or free from indoor garden centers if you ask them for their old cans. Those are the filter cans some people use in indoor gardens to scrub out odor lol. but the material is duty 1/8 punch plate with 1/8" holes, and you get lots of it from one used can. You have to cut it with a grinder and cutoff wheel, but free is better than cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread