tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 20 years this mine has been one of my best accounts. As I was at the Mine Expo in Elko Nevada at the first of the month, I got a call to cancel any and all back order merchandise for this mine. I called and was informed of this most devastating news. The mine was undertaking underground development to some future deposits and then this. There ya all go you Sierra club folks and the like. You can now sit back and sip your Napa valley wine and put a big ass feather in your hat over this score. We only lost a little more of Americas strategic and economic muscle here.
https://tw.news.yahoo.com/video/questa-mine-close-175-asked-002456041.html

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock,
It is becoming ridiculous, all of the regulations set forth by EPA and other agencies. While I understand the need not to rape and pillage the environment, we have the knowledge and mining companies have the means to do awesome work on reclamation. You are 100% right about the economic and strategic impacts of closures such as this..There are many other examples of the feds either forcing companies to close profitable ventures or outright prohibiting any sort of development due to and endangered mouse or some such nonsense.
I am sorry you lost the account at Questa.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread