Question about Nevada Quit Claim Deeds

robert2b

Oct 28, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This question may sound stupid, but does the Nevada BLM or any of the county recorders require the notary stamp to be in purple ink? I only ask this because I just sold a mine through a secondary party and they sent me a Quit Claim Deed to get signed for the BLM and county. I had both notarized at the bank where I always go and sent them back. Now I am being told that the ink that the notary uses must be purple or the BLM and county will not accept the documents. Sounds like a lot of crap to me. Let me know if I am right or wrong.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh brother. It sounds like some clerk has a whole lotta time on his/her hands. But nowdays It's certainly not surprising

OP
OP
R

robert2b

Oct 28, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called the Elko County Recorder's office a little earlier today and they told me that they do not care what color ink is used. The only requirement is that the document is an original. I also went to the bank where the notary is and asked about the ink and she said she had never heard anything like that before and that they always have used black ink. This is the same place I have all of my AZ mining paperwork notarized and I have never had a problem with the AZ BLM or Yavapai county. I plan on calling the NV BLM tomorrow to ask them just to be sure. I have no idea where this woman whom I am dealing with came up with the idea of the purple ink.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of a requirement for notary ink. There is a requirement that forms be filled out in black ink~ sometimes referred to as indian blue ink. Weird. Be interesting to know what happens.

OP
OP
R

robert2b

Oct 28, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Problem resolved. I am pretty sure that the lady I had been talking too had no clue what she was talking about. They said the check is in the mail.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This question may sound stupid, but does the Nevada BLM or any of the county recorders require the notary stamp to be in purple ink? I only ask this because I just sold a mine through a secondary party and they sent me a Quit Claim Deed to get signed for the BLM and county. I had both notarized at the bank where I always go and sent them back. Now I am being told that the ink that the notary uses must be purple or the BLM and county will not accept the documents. Sounds like a lot of crap to me. Let me know if I am right or wrong.
I would call the BLM office of the county the claim is in , but I have never heard of that or a quick claim for a claim . So maybe I no nothing .

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I purchased my notary seal 3 years ago I requested purple ink just so they would
know that it was the original paper work, not a copy. (which they don't like)
Placed my seal on a photo copy of a quitclaim deed once, & they would not except it. (used
the purple inked seal) The clerk ran her finger tip over the paper & said that she could not
'feel the pen marks'.
I SHOULD HAVE USED MY EXECUTIVE ORDER POWER INSTEAD! ha,ha,ha

37 others

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notaries use a standard black ink pad, they couldn't give you a purple stamp if they wanted to

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To 37 Others, you are behind on the times. The states Arizona & Nevada notaries have a choise of black or purple
ink. Most likely some other states also. I can remember red ink many years back, but haven't seen it in a long while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread