Question about Nevada Quit Claim Deeds
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rodoconnor
  • 1 Post By robert2b
  • 1 Post By trikeman72
  • 1 Post By golden ray

Thread: Question about Nevada Quit Claim Deeds

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Bob

Oct 2013
    Arizona
    27 times
    Prospecting

Question about Nevada Quit Claim Deeds

This question may sound stupid, but does the Nevada BLM or any of the county recorders require the notary stamp to be in purple ink? I only ask this because I just sold a mine through a secondary party and they sent me a Quit Claim Deed to get signed for the BLM and county. I had both notarized at the bank where I always go and sent them back. Now I am being told that the ink that the notary uses must be purple or the BLM and county will not accept the documents. Sounds like a lot of crap to me. Let me know if I am right or wrong.

us
    Mar 2012
    1641 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Oh brother. It sounds like some clerk has a whole lotta time on his/her hands. But nowdays It's certainly not surprising
    BurntBear likes this.

Bob

Oct 2013
    Arizona
    27 times
    Prospecting
    I called the Elko County Recorder's office a little earlier today and they told me that they do not care what color ink is used. The only requirement is that the document is an original. I also went to the bank where the notary is and asked about the ink and she said she had never heard anything like that before and that they always have used black ink. This is the same place I have all of my AZ mining paperwork notarized and I have never had a problem with the AZ BLM or Yavapai county. I plan on calling the NV BLM tomorrow to ask them just to be sure. I have no idea where this woman whom I am dealing with came up with the idea of the purple ink.

us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    Current Equinox 600 Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000 Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
    1867 times
    Never heard of a requirement for notary ink. There is a requirement that forms be filled out in black ink~ sometimes referred to as indian blue ink. Weird. Be interesting to know what happens.
    Everyone Believes they have gold buried in the back yard... small wonder so few ever look for it.

Bob

Oct 2013
    Arizona
    27 times
    Prospecting
    Problem resolved. I am pretty sure that the lady I had been talking too had no clue what she was talking about. They said the check is in the mail.
    BurntBear likes this.

Feb 2013
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2b View Post
    Problem resolved. I am pretty sure that the lady I had been talking too had no clue what she was talking about. They said the check is in the mail.
    Did u tell her her check has to be signed in purple ink? Lol
    BurntBear likes this.

Dry washing / metal detecting

Sep 2013
    Las Vegas
    Whites and cheep bounty hunter
    238 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2b View Post
    This question may sound stupid, but does the Nevada BLM or any of the county recorders require the notary stamp to be in purple ink? I only ask this because I just sold a mine through a secondary party and they sent me a Quit Claim Deed to get signed for the BLM and county. I had both notarized at the bank where I always go and sent them back. Now I am being told that the ink that the notary uses must be purple or the BLM and county will not accept the documents. Sounds like a lot of crap to me. Let me know if I am right or wrong.
    I would call the BLM office of the county the claim is in , but I have never heard of that or a quick claim for a claim . So maybe I no nothing .

Jan 2013
    Nevada
    Gold Bug Pro & Lobo
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    When I purchased my notary seal 3 years ago I requested purple ink just so they would
    know that it was the original paper work, not a copy. (which they don't like)
    Placed my seal on a photo copy of a quitclaim deed once, & they would not except it. (used
    the purple inked seal) The clerk ran her finger tip over the paper & said that she could not
    'feel the pen marks'.
    I SHOULD HAVE USED MY EXECUTIVE ORDER POWER INSTEAD! ha,ha,ha

Aug 2014
    5 times
    Notaries use a standard black ink pad, they couldn't give you a purple stamp if they wanted to

Jan 2013
    Nevada
    Gold Bug Pro & Lobo
    90 times
    Metal Detecting
    To 37 Others, you are behind on the times. The states Arizona & Nevada notaries have a choise of black or purple
    ink. Most likely some other states also. I can remember red ink many years back, but haven't seen it in a long while.
    Goodyguy likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links