Finally getting closer.

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After more then a year, 70000+ miles on the truck I've finally located a possible lode.

I sluiced 25 gallons of material today from the river directly below the mineralized zone and found 41.7 grams of gold, 3 chunks of 4 mesh and Lots of 10+, Lots of chunky gold so I'm right there.

I noticed the mineralized zone has a quartz out cropping next to it so ill be back tomorrow with the core sampler.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a zone with tree growth like this before, any speculations of why it would be like this?

This is found in a area "you won't find anything there", no prior docented finds of gold. Be chasing it up the rivers and creeks and finally found this site, started with a flour gold find then slowly little

ForumRunner_20140802_232207.png

flakes.

ForumRunner_20140802_232041.png

ForumRunner_20140802_232059.png

OP
OP
E

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is slightly down river. 3 different view points, about 1-2 miles from my prospect.

ForumRunner_20140802_234612.png

ForumRunner_20140802_234533.png

ForumRunner_20140802_234516.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ForumRunner_20140803_000054.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140803_000106.png
    ForumRunner_20140803_000106.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 171

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Dude you fond 41.5 grams in 5-five gallon buckets of sluicable dirt? Pics or it didnt happen!! Haha

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if the reasons that the tree growth is such and there had been no documented Gold finds, is because it was an extremely large and privately owned cattle ranch at one time??!! I say this because I noticed that the whole area below the ridge in the background, appears to have been cleared at one time for grazing! However, if this is not the case, then I would wonder if there is something bad in the ground that is the cause. In case of the latter, it might be prudent to take a soil core sample and have it analyzed by an AG facility nearest you.

If I was getting that kind of Gold for one location, I wouldn't leave it for a second unless I had someone that I could trust to guard it. Good luck!

Frank

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a promising possibility for gold and other minerals to me, if for no other reason than due to the upthrusted domino type outcroppings that would have yielded a perfect opportunity for hydrothermal activity to have brought minerals up into the faults. Same as was the case in the Sierra Nevadas.

GG~

Last edited:

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats! Great to see hard work pay off.

Sorry I can't help you on the tree question.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The tree thing could be one of several reasons, because it was cleared, because it burned or because of a soil difference. Here in Cali, you can tell where the Serpentine is because not much grows in it.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I've seen a vertical line like that on a mountainside driving the 99S (before the transition to the 5S) from Bakersfield to Los Angeles. One side of the line is green and the other side is tan. It is far away from the fields and looks too steep to have been farmed. I asked a geology student who was baffled by it; guessed that maybe seismic activity merged two differing regions here long ago. One soil may be rich, the other poor and rocky. Still a mystery.

Congrats on your success eric! :icon_salut:

Edit: I knew it was unlikely, but I looked over your pics just to be sure I was not talking about your location. So, if anyone wants to look for lode, south of Bakersfield, it's all yours baby.

Last edited:

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Is that really possible?... Over an ounce in 5 buckets? About 1/8th of a yard. Not even chemically treated or crushed just sluiced. That dirt is like $10,000 a yard stuff. I cant let this one go lol. Its got me guessing.
Did you mean 25 yards? Not gallons?

OP
OP
E

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not yards, 25 gallons of classified material. This wasn't just everywhere in the river bed, it was in 4 locations (trailing edge of the outcropping in the river, underneath a large boulder,2 dropzones coming down the outcropping (natural hole).

This was the cherry picked locations. Going back out there to run a comercial placer wouldn't pay nearly that. Basically picked 4 natural sluice locations and cleaned them out.

To everyone else thanks for the replies. Soil samples have been sent off, core samples sent off for analysis. Placer claim has been filed for the river bed (outcropping then down river). Waiting for the samples to come back and see what the true potential is (24 samples - 4ft depth each)

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To everyone else thanks for the replies. Soil samples have been sent off, core samples sent off for analysis. Placer claim has been filed for the river bed (outcropping then down river). Waiting for the samples to come back and see what the true potential is (24 samples - 4ft depth each)

If you're looking at mining the mineralized outcropping, you might want to file a lode claim as well.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Really cool. I knew that this could be done out west! Idk man id be pretty protective. What you should do is go down to the home depot and hire 4 mexicans to dig buckets for you. Tell em $10 per bucket they can hike out for you. Thats my plan haha!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well there were no documented reports of gold in california till there was one

send me the gps numbers and I'll check out those trees for ya

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're looking at mining the mineralized outcropping, you might want to file a lode claim as well.

I agree! If there was evidence that a mineralized zone was dumping copious amounts of Gold in a river, I would be on that mineralized zone like flies on a 5 day old Elk kill. Hopefully, the mineralized outcropping is on land that a lode claim can be filed on!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I plan on filing a lode claim. But it will depend on the samples coming back if I mine it or not. The ground will need to hold a substancial amount of gold to be profitable (small operation), mining it would be probably 2-3 years out depending on; plan approvals, equipment setup pads constructed, water availability during restricted season then other equipment availabilities and permitting. Of corse reclimation bonds then environmental setbacks. Will need a better rock crusher setup not too sure yet what ill be looking for. Possibly need a lot of water tanks to store water for the restricted season if possible.

Mining season would be March - mid October if I were to mine this prospect.

The land is claimable, mining season (pan, sluicing and dredging) is slightly less then 3 months. Doing research to figure out the lode mining but thinking it might be limited also depending on the water source used (fish spawning season protection). I can for sure dredge the river bed during that time, unfortunately only with a max of a 3" dredge (possibly bigger with a bond put down) so the placer claims filed could be fun weekend trips and just a way to relax.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
There appears to be many outcroppings in the pics! Have you sampled below most of them or just a few? If you have sampled only a few, it might be wise to sample many more or all outcroppings that appear heavily mineralized. If some or all produce similar coarse Gold, then claim...claim...claim! I am not sure of what your intentions are with the Gold and claims but if this area is heavy in Gold in the river and hillsides up and down stream for hundreds of yards or even a mile or more, you might want to consider other options. I am not sure what it takes to file and get a Patented Gold Mining Claim but if you had this, a larger Mining Company might offer you in the tens of millions to buy the claim or you could lease it to them, whichever would be the best option in the long run for you.

Good luck and I hope that you will eventually post some pics and maybe videos of the Gold you are getting from this location! Just be careful not to show too much of the area or make sure that nothing in the pics or videos (GPS coordinates) could give away the location.

Frank

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that really possible?... Over an ounce in 5 buckets? About 1/8th of a yard. Not even chemically treated or crushed just sluiced. That dirt is like $10,000 a yard stuff. I cant let this one go lol. Its got me guessing.
Did you mean 25 yards? Not gallons?

" A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be " .

I took a little over 6 ounces of flaky gold from a wash trough off a new development
scrape in Georgia 3 or 4 years ago that only added up to about 20 buckets of loose
stuff . Smash and grab right off a black top road .......... anybody could have done it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread