Box of rocks

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to check some pieces I collected years ago with with the Gold Bug Pro I got recently. Most of these are from Inyo county. From the Inyo Mountains. I lived in Lone Pine, Ca. for several years and did a lot of exploring . I met the caretaker of the Anaconda Mining property in Darwin, Ca. He let me go in the assay office and core sample storage....HE LET ME TAKE FEET OF CORE SAMPLE!!!!!! I was planning on making wind chimes or knife handles or just have bada$$ core samples... however a little thing called an ex wife means there is a pile of core samples I will never see again:BangHead:. I got to poke around in places that very few people get to see. I also collected samples from the Cerro Gordo area and the Brown and Green Monster mine. These mines are the were of the top producing mines historically in Inyo county. Nowadays there is little there to attest to there significance in the past. The crystal clusters were collected underground. Believe it or not we drove a ford explorer into the portal and down into the mine and used the headlights for collecting. Even though several of these samples are from ore dumps and not tailings they give no signal on my detector. The one that does is a piece of what I believe to be Tin Ore. I found it in a heavily eroded gully north of Corona,Ca. when I was in high school. There are large tin deposits several miles away. Up canyon from the gully there are adits and a few open shafts I could never find information on any mines in the immediate area.I also have some artifacts and a cool double terminated crystal with an intrusion of a very familiar color8-)

Attachments

• rocks 006.JPG
    rocks 006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • rocks 007.JPG
    rocks 007.JPG
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 149
  • rocks 008.JPG
    rocks 008.JPG
    952.5 KB · Views: 147
  • rocks 009.JPG
    rocks 009.JPG
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 132
  • rocks 012.JPG
    rocks 012.JPG
    995.1 KB · Views: 127
  • rocks 016.JPG
    rocks 016.JPG
    897.8 KB · Views: 138
  • rocks 017.JPG
    rocks 017.JPG
    954.5 KB · Views: 109
  • rocks 026.JPG
    rocks 026.JPG
    867.8 KB · Views: 108
  • rocks 027.JPG
    rocks 027.JPG
    880.5 KB · Views: 103

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice samples from some amazing country. Had the fortune of riding my motorcycle all over those parts. Tons of mining history. Saw a B -1 bomber swoop down and go supersonic over the Owens valley. Walked from Stovepipe Wells to the top of Mt. Whitney. Good times!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread