Couple of questions

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive been prospecting some private property for quite some time and im finding nothing but flour gold. TONS of quartz around mostly fist sized. So here are my questions

A: Is it worth crushing these quartz rocks im finding in the stream there if im already finding gold in the stream bed.

and

B: What would be the best route to a simple crusher?

I could get a peice of flat steel and some round steel piping for free but i have no welder nor do i have access to one. if i have to hammer it im fine with that, i just need a contraption to drop rock in and a rod to tap down on top to hammer on.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Lot's of videos on youtube about making rock crushers.If you want a cheap simple one..use a piece of pipe with a cap on the end and a rod from a car axle.If you see any veins on the bank or side hills,sample those veins.Just sampling a piece of quartz float doesn't tell you much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the advice. I think ill look into using a Post driver as my base and some sort of weighted steel to drop down in it repeatedly.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Buy a pice of 11/2 pipe 12" and caps . Buy fishing weights and fill capping the other end .
Buy a 4" nipple from home-depot with a cap for one end . That's your best and cheapest if you have to buy some thing . And will great .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread