Gold + Transitional Pyrite spec piece

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taken in Alabama , October 2014 .
Don't chip out this close type stuff on one piece a lot .
Just breaking the rock out can ruin what would have been
a top shelf piece . Ruin some chipping them out of first break
inspection as well . Just the way it is .

NOTE : Apparently photobucket is having technical difficulties
and my pics did not come through . Guess I'll try it sometime later .

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
REALLY NICE! Great pics, too.
Jim

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! :icon_thumleft:

GG~

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice piece t, keep it up. hope all is well with you and yours.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful mix of colors. Hope to find something similar only larger and with more gold. :tongue3:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How you doing lately GG ? Git'n any ? Hope all is well .

Doing Great!
Just returned from 6 weeks prospecting in Arizona, Nevada. The last 2 weeks were spent helping a friend to mine an ancient river channel that he discovered near Rich Hill Az. Hated to have to leave to return to Indiana as the flakes were getting bigger and more plentiful the deeper we dug.

gh.jpg

Keep up the good work,
GG~

Last edited:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all is well here. hate the cold done caught up with us. hard to get in the water right now .glad I have about a dozen or so buckets of cons saved up !moved some BIG rocks this year -well worth the effort.next spring I'll get the bottom cleaned out should be very good. already hitt'in good -uns !

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doing Great!
Just returned from 6 weeks prospecting in Arizona, Nevada. The last 2 weeks were spent helping a friend to mine an ancient river channel that he discovered near Rich Hill Az. Hated to have to leave to return to Indiana as the flakes were getting bigger and more plentiful the deeper we dug.

View attachment 1076984

Keep up the good work,
GG~

Damn if you ain't out and about . :icon_thumright: Bet you saw some nice country .
Hope you put some good in the hold as well .

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
all is well here. hate the cold done caught up with us. hard to get in the water right now .glad I have about a dozen or so buckets of cons saved up !moved some BIG rocks this year -well worth the effort.next spring I'll get the bottom cleaned out should be very good. already hitt'in good -uns !

Hell yea ...... when you get on some decent it's good to haul and stock while you can .
Once you get the stuff on your property it's yours to work when you choose and you
can really go through it thoroughly . Hope it's good .

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking sweet ! And they told me all the easy gold is gone.

C99

Oct 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dakota,

Is the black mineral iron oxide cement?Is it also containing gold? The Dalradian rocks in Scotland I find,often contain small gold.Only unlike you lucky Americans,Scotland is not big enough to crush rocks without annoying people with noise.Any noiseless extraction ideas I have had will be too expensive to make worthwhile so I am stuck with panning and detecting.Shame though. If I lived in Iceland,the free volcanic heat would make it viable.

I often read the hardrock section.Very interesting.Thanks for sharing.
Good diggings to you

OP
OP
TAKODA

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dakota,

Is the black mineral iron oxide cement?Is it also containing gold? The Dalradian rocks in Scotland I find,often contain small gold.Only unlike you lucky Americans,Scotland is not big enough to crush rocks without annoying people with noise.Any noiseless extraction ideas I have had will be too expensive to make worthwhile so I am stuck with panning and detecting.Shame though. If I lived in Iceland,the free volcanic heat would make it viable.

I often read the hardrock section.Very interesting.Thanks for sharing.
Good diggings to you

I can understand a near miss ,,, but ,,, Dakota ?? Damn son . :laughing7:

Negative on cementation ...... pseudomorphic .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread