OP
OP
R

red sox

May 19, 2013
utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven't decided on one yet, been kinda side tracked lately.
I was able to have a few samples checked with an XRF gun that gave me some pretty exciting results, but I would still like to have a professional fire assay report done to confirm the results.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been learning to do fire assay's , for the last several years , done some for people in Washington as well as my self . I do sampling from old tailing piles all over . if you wanted to send 1 lb of oar I'll do an assay on it when I can work it in , I do these for practice , I can only tell you if you have good value of gold and silver , platinum if there is enough to show . 1lb to make it easy to calculation per ton . Only an offer . Have a good one . Jerry

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What type of assay are you looking for?

Generally for Gold/Silver you are probably looking for a fire assay. Jair made a very nice offer if you want a single sample.

I'd avoid considering XRF guns an "assay". They can give you a very good idea of the composition of a specific sample but they can't produce reliable reports on volume.

Copper State Analytical Labs has proven to be a reliable assay service through the years. Their prices are good for an accredited assayer. :thumbsup:

There are several other reputable accredited assayers. Do a little shopping. Some of the mining magazines have assayers listed.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
R

red sox

May 19, 2013
utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, and thank you for the offer Jair, I will let you know if I decide to go that route.

l337scum

Jun 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In addition to what Clay said, I also recommend fire assay over any other type of measurement for gold content by volume. I would recommend that you find a lab that is ISO/IEC 17025 certified for fire assay for best results. As long as the lab is ISO/IEC certified, I believe you can shop around for the best price as Clay indicated. Personally, I have used Minerals Processing Corporation in Carney, MI. Ted and Tom there are very helpful and do a very good job. Here is their contact info:

Minerals Processing Corporation
143 Lickman Rd.
Carney, MI 49812
906-639-2303
[email protected]

Tell em that Joe sent you. :)

Hope this helps and good luck!

larry g

Apr 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RED SOX;I live in Centerfield,Ut.Here's the one I've been using the last few months;ETC-Ops.sample processing.1573 Foothill Dr.-Boulder City,Nevada .89005.They will do spectrum analisis ,for 25.00& 35.00 dollars. Also does digestion,fire analisis. baseball size sample is more than enough. Can be one solid piece or marble size or sand does not matter. Fire assay's a little more not much. Check out there web site.ETC-Ops.com. They will explain every thing you wood like to know about your sample . Extremely decent people to talk with, full of knowledge and very helpful. larryg

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ALS labs are good, to.

fatman45

Feb 23, 2015
Nevada Test Site
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Action Mining is very good - they have consistently placed very high in U.S. Bureau of Mines tests. They are very reasonably priced, friendly and knowledgeable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread