IMG_0529.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the photo.

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PCZIM: Nice looking operation, if you know of a similar stamp mill for sale, hopefully on the East Coast near North Carolina, the Gold Foundation of NC has been donated some land where an old stamp mill was located but the mill is missing and would like to recreate the stamp mill for display. Also on the property are at least two underground old gold mines. If you should have any leads, pm me please.

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PCZIM: Nice looking operation, if you know of a similar stamp mill for sale, hopefully on the East Coast near North Carolina, the Gold Foundation of NC has been donated some land where an old stamp mill was located but the mill is missing and would like to recreate the stamp mill for display. Also on the property are at least two underground old gold mines. If you should have any leads, pm me please.

Hi sorry am in Africa......

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today but no ore, we have just had serious rains and shafts are flooded, hoping for ore midweek. Nothing worse than a silent mine..............

minedog

Greenie
Jan 1, 2015
az, ok, wa
Detector(s) used
whites goldmaster 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where did you get that old stamp mill? Or is it even old? We have them all over the west here in the U.S. but they are just broken down curios. Its cool to see someone using one. Ive read in books that they are loud as hell, is that true? What type of engine powers that thing?

minedog

Greenie
Jan 1, 2015
az, ok, wa
Detector(s) used
whites goldmaster 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, You can find your stamp mill used antique for sale. There is a mining relic shop in Carson city Nevada, I wuld also check reno and las vegas craigslist as they come up from time to time. other than that if you really want to "build" a replica I believe I have some detail drawings in an old book.

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a new mill just built it. Runs off a 25hp electric motor. Where I live, these mills are common, a lot more popular than ball mills etc

minedog

Greenie
Jan 1, 2015
az, ok, wa
Detector(s) used
whites goldmaster 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow that's pretty cool. you sure have an interesting life, or an exciting one. Is that Zimbabwe you are in?

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100+ years ago stamp mills were common here in Colorado for processing ores. I once had a stamp I had found near one of the mining districts here. There is at least one that has been restored and is in a mining museum south of here. There sure make a heck of a rumble when operating! I have heard that near a town called Central City here, there were multiple mills operating and that you could hear the rumble for several miles down the valley.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks good.

are you using mercury in just your grind amalgamater or are you also using it with copper plates in your stamp battery.

i would add a small jig table after the grind amalgamater to catch any mercury and gold that gets through.

Using Mercury in Gold Ore processing - historic methods

Also you need to pre treat your water with Trisodium phosphate and what i use Dawn detergent.
These act as degreasing agents and help keep your gold clean for the mercury.

you will have plant oils in your ore or water source.

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks good.

are you using mercury in just your grind amalgamater or are you also using it with copper plates in your stamp battery.

i would add a small jig table after the grind amalgamater to catch any mercury and gold that gets through.

Using Mercury in Gold Ore processing - historic methods

Also you need to pre treat your water with Trisodium phosphate and what i use Dawn detergent.
These act as degreasing agents and help keep your gold clean for the mercury.

you will have plant oils in your ore or water source.

Awesome information............ We just put mercury in the separator before we start milling.

T-Kay

Mar 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also from Zimbabwe,didn't know any of that information...Very useful,thanks
I'm running two 3 stamp mills at my plant but was wondering if theres any machine you may know of which i can use to further grind my sands into a finer powder in order to increase my recovery when I run them through cyanidation tanks,besides a ball mill ?

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm also from Zimbabwe,didn't know any of that information...Very useful,thanks
I'm running two 3 stamp mills at my plant but was wondering if theres any machine you may know of which i can use to further grind my sands into a finer powder in order to increase my recovery when I run them through cyanidation tanks,besides a ball mill ?

Whats wrong with a ball mill, for hard rock its probably the best way to go, throughput system with tables cant go wrong.
GT....

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whats wrong with a ball mill, for hard rock its probably the best way to go, throughput system with tables cant go wrong.
GT....

I like my 6 side mills for the 1/4 inch ( there abouts ) good stuff .
Actually mine are labeled rock tumblers . They only do about 40 lbs.
each . I go wet with one inch steel balls and they do a damn good job .

But .... like I said , I just use them for select 1/4 inch type stuff .
They work well for me .

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How long do you need to run it to get it broken down ?
I built a crusher , 16" with chains but had to change to Cleves's do to I was changing out the chains to often . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427455532.150015.jpg turns out 200 mess , now I have to purchase a gold cube to refine my ore . I mounted the crusher on my trailer now so it's always with me and ready when I need it .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread