Plbnyn

Nov 23, 2014
East of Chico ca
Detector(s) used
Sight and good looks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dave,
I have seen those pictures before I am in a very rusty quartz vein with veins of rust in between the quartz layer of material surrounding the quartz is very blue and immediately surrounding the quartz rust is a layer of very heavy pitch black with rust throughout sedimentary rock with voids running through it parallel to the quartz. I am new and still trying to get everything together to play a bit harder than a rock hammer a truck and a five gallon bucket. I am in northern California butte county on butte creek near the forks of the butte. Any follow up in do on original question or another research direction would be great:dontknow:

OP
OP
P

Plbnyn

Nov 23, 2014
East of Chico ca
Detector(s) used
Sight and good looks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,

This is more of a fun hobby that has changed my ADHD son from a mostly reckless hammer wielding youth to a son who watches what he hits with a hammer. He hit himself and then me with several rocks from above when he was not as thoughtful. Now that we both are focused we have questions we are not looking to get rich strike it big or even break even.
We are asking questions in a forum that has been very benificial and enjoyable
Thank you for your direction and help

Last edited:

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You and me both, I live in Placerville close to the Gold Bug Mine, I have huge chunks of quartz, I crush quite a bit but have many pieces that look exactly like these pic's
I found one piece of quartz with a small nugget on it.. really small but it's gold (did a scratch test)
I need to figure out a better way to crush, right now I use a home depot bucket with a 20lb steel barbell plate, 4 pieces of rebar, anchoring cement, then I cut 2 16 gauge steel plates on top of the cement, and I use a 20lb steel wedge and just beat the heck out of it... my hands are developing some severe arthritis

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to figure out a better way to crush, right now I use a home depot bucket with a 20lb steel barbell plate, 4 pieces of rebar, anchoring cement, then I cut 2 16 gauge steel plates on top of the cement, and I use a 20lb steel wedge and just beat the heck out of it... my hands are developing some severe arthritis

If you don't have the ways or the means to buy or build an electric or gas powered crusher.... Use gravity.

Here is my first crusher (after the hammer thing of course).. I didn't actually build anything. Its just 3 pieces of steel I had laying around that when put together and
used in a certain way made a rock crusher. 3-5 hits and you have powder, you can let gravity do all the work, or give it a little push on the way down, but it doesn't
require all that much effort, and certainly less effort (and hand cramps) than swinging a 20lb hammer..

Just throwing an alternate idea out there for you. It doesn't crush a huge volume at once, but it does go pretty quick.

15776426265_9cf8c97620_c.jpg

15777980712_75f8d89d5e_c.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread