Gold rush Expeditions . Any input?

orotoro

Dec 2, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Orotoro, is that supposed to be sly, like youve got gold in your name. super slick. How many mines do you own, what have you done with your life to help out miners and re-establish mining as a viable career in the US. Oh yeah, thats right, just a troll on the interwebs.

Speak for yourself. I have enough experience to know that all you offer to the small miners community is a disservice. I have mining claims (of which I staked myself and have pulled many ounces out-which is more than what I can say of your properties), have worked at a large mine, have been paid to explore and research abandoned mines, and have over 15 years of assay and metallurgical experience. But Corey knows best, right?

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see here Corey..lets do the math...

1. You have legal troubles for staking claims on state land.
2. Are selling claims with potential extra lateral rights problems that are part of a tunnel system associated with a patent right next door.
3. Are selling blm claims for several thousand dollars with no proven assays to backup your claims. Claiming ore showing free mill gold, yet no evidence to back this up.
4. Are setting up buyers for problems with the EPA

Shall I go on?

Are you really going to say that you will allow potential buyers to come sample said claims or just hoping to sell to some poor sucker with gold fever?

Mining experience? HA thats a good one. We will run circles around you when it comes to research and actually knowing the legal status of the land..the videos are pretty funny its like gold ore explanations for kindergarteners. Your investment is $212 plus maybe a few hundred for shooting videos, who cares. Bottom line your not interested in anyones success than your own. That karma is going to bite you one day

Plain and simple, I pity your buyers for being suckered in..

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for that Jeff, I appreciate you giving me a chance. Your a real stand up guy. Now let me educate you a little.

Let's take a look at your Golden Turkey lode claim here in Arizona that your asking $99,000 for. Your basing all your information off of decades old geological reports that have been proven wrong more often than not. And those reports tend to base their information off of what other miners in the area did. Very, very few of those old geological reports are based off of actual core drilling. For $99,000 you had damn well be better be able to show me at least ONE core sample. [/QUOTE}

Looks like you forgot to read, there are $99mil in the waste dumps and tailings, documented with assays. Why would anyone core drill that without working the easy stuff first. Oh, but I forgot, using "core drill" makes you sound smarter, right? Nope, core drilling is for a more advanced operation. If your core drilling your mines prior to any advanced prep work, your an idiot. (see what I did there?)

("Odds are", this is your argument? "Odds are"? Nice slight with the "here in Arizona", I know Arizona mines far better than you ever will. but that was cute.)
Odds are you really envy what we do as a company which is why you try to copy our business model. Odds are your little videos are cute, but have no real content. Odds are your "Mining 101" was stolen right from Gold Rush circa 2012. Glad to see you are catching up though.
You obviously are incompetent to read any of the 50-60 page reports that we make on each of the mines we sell, including geological reports (which dont mean much), on site survey data, assays and other information pertinent to the sale of a brownfield property. As to your arsenic and superfund scare tactics, well now thats just complete bullshit, are you trying to scare off any prospectors? Arsenic is a naturally occurring mineral, and it doesnt show the site to be toxic. Maybe your just a BLM troll trying to keep people out of mines. After all, superfund is scary, right. Heres a quick fact. If you own a claim, you arent responsible for previous mining activities, only your own. Difference in private property and mining claims on federal land. Your not making any headway here. Im starting to wonder if you have any actual on the ground knowledge.

(Hah, wow. You are just making stuff up now.)
There are plenty of operations running with a crusher on site that are not subject to MSHA regulations. Actually you have to be paying employees for MSHA to get involved. Seems you really dont know too much about anything with this mining business. You might want to take some of our courses and head out with some engineers for some education.
Im not even going to dignify the rest of that paragraph with a response. Pull your head out man, come on.

Well here we have it, now you are going to give me business advice on a company that has been thriving on helping and promoting the small miner for the last 25 years. I really appreciate your business acumen and interest, but I think we are doing okay.
In fact, it seems the only people who arent doing well are the ones like yourself, "oh, everythings horrible, no one can mine, you gotta be a super miner and have lots of equipment to work". Yet somehow only you are able to start working a small mine on a shoe string budget.
Heres a newsflash, no one is really making money off of youtube, but your channel is horrible "https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChDG1exRccwFHQKp_2uGtLQ"

Maybe you should do yourself a favor and instead of trying to copy what Gold Rush is doing, you could ask to work with us, we could teach you quite a few things.
Here, go watch something educational: "https://www.youtube.com/user/goldrushexpedinc"
You, my friend, are what is wrong with mining today.

Sage advice from someone who has been in business for less than a year to a company that has been doing this since 1994. Thanks buddy!

Your "sheepskins" (what are you like 100 years old??). Your little company is far from a JV, an further was barely formed in feb of 2017. You have no problems with federal agencies because you dont register on their radar. Youre not a threat in any way.

How about this Jeffery and or Daniel, I appreciate your opinion, but thats all it is. You have no basis playing out here. Ive got more knowledge of mining in my little finger than you seem to have in your entire body.
You know that Gold Rush surveyed your property in 2008 and passed on it, no value, move on. But maybe you found magic gold that everyone else was missing. You do think you are the master miner, but before you open your mouth, you should be ready to back it up. You have no experience, you have no knowledge, so you have nothing of value to say.

You are just trying to copy what Gold Rush has been doing for over 20 years, steal ideas and concepts and then try to make yourself famous by "calling us out". Newsflash, we were here far before you were, and we will be here far after. There will always be naysayers, jealousy does that. But at the end of the day, we will still be providing rock solid claims on documented ground. And people will be buying and developing those properties, in most cases, with our guidance.

If you need any other material to steal, we moved all our mining 101 info over to www.stayoutstayalive.com if you ever move up and want to actually do some mining on a proven property, feel free to hit us up www.goldrushexpeditions.com (to be fair, I will probably charge you an extra 10% for being an idiot).

Have a great day!

I made it pretty clear when you came begging to us via PM on YouTube to collaborate with you what we thought of GRE. Buh bye now.

Last edited:

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
hah, I mock your lack of experience. You are truly deluded. And you should realize that trying to copy my business model and then talking trash isnt going to promote anything for you. Ill swing by your mine next time Im down south and we can settle this in person, yeah?

Interesting threat.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
SALT LAKE CITY — In what sounds like a throwback to the old West, Utah authorities are investigating allegations of claim-jumping, looking into what may be fraudulent mining claims offered for sale on eBay.

At the center of the probe by the Bureau of Land Management and the Utah Attorney General's Office is Corey Shuman's Gold Rush Expeditions, once a not-for-profit mining history organization that has reorganized into a profitable venture selling mining claims in several Western states, including Utah.

Shuman, who said he has yet to be contacted by any investigator from an agency, is confident any review of his company's practices will turn up no wrongdoing.

"There's a reason there's an investigation and nothing else because once they've looked into it they will see there's nothing else going on," he said.

BLM spokesman Tom Gorey confirmed there is an active investigation focused on fraudulent mining claims being sold on eBay. But he declined to comment further.

Shuman's business, headquartered in Holladay, has sold claims ranging from $1,500 to $21,000 during the past four years to as many as 700 people, turning the allure of riches in the rocks into a multimillion-dollar business.

But it has put him at odds with some customers, a rival who said the company he works for has rights to some of the claims and government agencies looking into the company's practices.

Shuman said he or his employees have been run off at gunpoint from remote sections of land by ranchers or other property owners who say they are trespassing. He says they're not.

He's at odds with Utah's Bureau of Land Management — the federal agency that records mining claims — because of a fundamental difference of opinion about how abandoned mines should be treated.

"I've burned my bridges with the BLM; the BLM would rather backfill these mines than preserve a bit of history," Shuman said.

The BLM is not the only public lands agency Gold Rush Expeditions has tangled with. Utah's School & Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA), an independent agency of state government created to manage lands granted to the state of Utah by the United States, has refused to do any business with the company or issue any mineral leases to third parties who may have acquired a mineral claim from Gold Rush.

In December, SITLA's attorney John Andrews sent a letter to Shuman after the school trust lands administration noticed that Gold Rush was marketing leases to school trust lands property that it had not yet acquired. The paperwork for the transaction had not yet been completed, Andrews said, yet the property in Utah's west desert was posted as available on the Internet.

"Gold Rush at that point was selling something it had no legal right to," Andrews said in an interview.

Another letter in April from Andrews to Shuman was more stern, indicating the agency had received information from the BLM and local law enforcement that Gold Rush had staked mining claims on school trust lands and sold them to third parties with no legal right. The letter included a warning that Gold Rush did not have permission to enter the agency's property to stake claims and any violation would be treated as trespassing.

Andrew's letter also asserts there was misleading information contained in the leases posted by Gold Rush.

"Our office has received input from the public about potential misrepresentations in these offerings, and from our review it appears certain of the offerings have included photographs of mines and facilities not in fact located on the subject property," Andrews wrote.

Colorado resident Michael Thiem said he purchased three mining claims from Gold Rush in specific areas near Vernon in Tooele County, only to find out later that one was located a mile away from where the company said it actually existed.

A rock hound hobbyist who has mined three claims in Colorado for several years, Thiem questions whether Gold Rush properly staked the claims it sold him.

Staking claims

Staking a claim is a surprisingly easy and a loose process, which is one of the reasons mining history is replete with notorious shootouts over claim disputes.

If a person is determined enough and knows a little bit about how to scout for precious metals like silver or gold, he can just take a few stakes out on federal land, record the coordinates, put a stake in the center of the 20-acre plot and top it off with a tin can bearing their personal information. From there, the hopeful miner has a 90-day deadline to record the information with the BLM and must then pay an annual maintenance fee of $140 or ownership of the claim lapses.

If someone jumps your claim — stakes over you — you fight it out in court.

"If there's a dispute, it's up to the courts to settle it," said Opie Abeyta, a land law examiner with the BLM's mining law program. "We don't really have a role in that because we don't respond to what happens out on the ground."

Thiem said he feels like he paid $10,000 to Gold Rush for nothing, and has not had his money refunded.

He and Shuman have exchanged hostile emails and Thiem says now of Gold Rush, "They need to be stopped."

Shuman contends his disgruntled customer doesn't understand the paperwork he has in his own hands that documents legal rights to mining claims. He said he is being fed misinformation by a Tooele County man who wants the claims for himself.

Shuman blames any dust-up on Thomas Waite of Stansbury Park, who he asserts is working for a mining company trying to gobble up claims for itself. Waite confirmed that he is a consultant for a mining company, but he alleges that it's Gold Rush jumping claims.

Rights or wrong

Shuman said he's considering legal action against Waite.

"Tom has an agenda. We've never had a conversation; he jumped us. He's been a persistent thorn in our side," Shuman said.

Waite said he's been working mining claims since he was a teenager and knows what he's doing. He said companies like Gold Rush are taking advantage of people.

"Some of the buyers, they don't even have a right to a single square foot of ground on these claims," he said, pointing a finger at the seller, Gold Rush.

Nonsense, counters Shuman, stressing he's never sold a claim on eBay that he didn't have the rights to, and he said he doesn't claim jump.

SITLA's complaint with him, he said, is a simple misinterpretation of the law by the agency's attorneys.

"They're totally inaccurate, and if they had a mining lawyer, they would know this."

For now it remains an investigation and a dispute, with customers like Thiem sorting out the details.

"It makes you understand why things went on the way they did in the old West when it comes to claim-jumping," Waite said.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some other messages of GRE claims being on state trust lands too.

The Iceman

Dec 11, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty much GRE showing their true colors.

They showed their colors when they tried to claim that there is 99m in gold in tailings, on a property they are selling for 99k. It would take a special person to believe that claim. There are plenty of stories that we could find that prove they make fraudulent claims.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threatening other members will always result in a being banned for a period of time.
Thanks!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tailings removed from the ground and placed away from the mine site or mill are not claimable and considered abandoned property.

Tailings, hand stacks, throw out piles, waste rock piles on the surface at the original source are placer.

lode is for mineral in place.

99k for 99 million(hahahahahahjajajajajalollmfao) of what may not even be claimable sounds smart...super duper smart.

If your GRE and ok with ripping people of ...super duper cool.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's a ton of claims around here for sale on eBay by the same two guys, and there's no gold at all. They always stake at the outskirts of legit claims and fill those areas up with new claims whether there is gold or not. It's the easiest way to look like you have something I suppose.
They are all eventually owned by out of staters that buy on eBay.

One guy wears a uniform and looks official but all the claims are bunk.

This doesn't help the discussion because I don't know gre but these other guys are felonious!!
One is weinman or Weiss? The other calls himself Dept of land management or something stupid like that. Either way they are both crooks.

Last edited:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tailings removed from the ground and placed away from the mine site or mill are not claimable and considered abandoned property.

Tailings, hand stacks, throw out piles, waste rock piles on the surface at the original source are placer.

lode is for mineral in place.

99k for 99 million(hahahahahahjajajajajalollmfao) of what may not even be claimable sounds smart...super duper smart.

If your GRE and ok with ripping people of ...super duper cool.

$99k for a claim that cost $636 to file.

I could see if they were reasonably priced, proven by actual assays, more in depth..

Starting out $99k in the hole and no way of knowing how long or if ever breaking even considering you have to file NOI, bonds etc to process.

Plus the volume of dumps doesnt mean anything.. thats all just waste rock. Might be a little left in it but the average is going to be very low.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$99k for a claim that cost $636 to file.

I could see if they were reasonably priced, proven by actual assays, more in depth..

Starting out $99k in the hole and no way of knowing how long or if ever breaking even considering you have to file NOI, bonds etc to process.

Agree 100%

I help people locate claims. I help them with paperwork and research.

Discovery is up to them before I will move forward and take a fee.

I have enough knowledge and experience that I could locate and sell.

But, since that goes against the mining law I won't do it.

A claim is only worth the filing fees ..maybe less. Until proven otherwise by a lot of work on the part of the owner. using acceptable methods

Drilling assays resource and reserve mapping etc.

The way GRE and other claim flippers pump up the value with history and underground surveys is such B.S.

The way they imply buildings and surface workings are part of the mine and value ec.

It's all so shady.

Even though some things were deleted. I saw enough out of Coreys comments to see how much of a scammer he is.

If he isn't really a scammer.

That little finger of his does not have as big of a brain as he claims. He has a lot of actually learning to do.

I hope he gets dragged through court over and over. It would be awesome if BLM actually did something to claim flippers like GRE.

and again check out the BLM validity manual and look at what it says about waste dumps and ore piles.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread