Rumors of Obama Admin. not issuing mining claims and road improvements.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
I have received some news from mining claimants that they were told months ago that they would be approved for road improvements in California near their claims. After many calls to BLM, no OK has been received. A geologist told the claimants that none of the western states would issue permits while Obama was in WH. Has anyone heard or read of similar instances?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rumors eh....so they tried to file an NOI and were refused?...and there there is to moratorium on mineral entry!!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you submit an NOI the Forest Service/BLM has 15 working days to reply. No reply after 15 days? - Go ahead and mine according to your plan. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the western states decided not to issue permits until we get a different President? and because someone said that someone else told him that someone else said ?

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
True or not, I am a firm believer that ALL the Federal Depts. are currently being micro managed especially on the environmental side so I wouldn't put it past them to pocket certain selected things (foot dragging) prior to announcing any proposed changes, if ever. It is a lot easier for them to slow the process than face the heat for changes. Call me cynical.....I am, of the current administration and with good reason.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So far all we have here is rumor and mistrust. Any facts?

Oh, and as Barry says, if the FS fails to respond, you are good to go...the exact opposite of the concern expressed.

Also, the original question about the "Obama Admin. Not issuing mining claims" is nonsensical as mining claims are MADE by individuals not issued by a governmental agency.

I'd like to see some facts. The original post was made by someone who has been on tnet much longer than me so I respect the source but question the premise of the concern.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um...you can go today and file a location notice?....and I was just doing road work on Sunday......and filed my assessment work on our claim in August...... when there is a policy change there are notifications.....so.....Well....that's rumors for ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions