I find gold in your area

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey MM, Your not the only one trying to figure out what's going on here. This image is about 154 miles of from Morenci, AZ.
Turned out the dry lands are easier to work with for a beginner. :)

Been playing a bit with GIS and sattelite images. (learning curve for GIS is horrible!) :icon_scratch:
I believe I'm getting so far as to be able to find at least concentrations of limonite. Still a lot more to explore.

Those "pinkish" areas show where limonite is "leaking" from the mountain downwards.
So at least we know that the iron hat gold can wear can be found from satellite images. Kinda helping to find potential sites.

*Edit: Click on the picture for larger view!

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey MM, Your not the only one trying to figure out what's going on here. This image is about 154 miles of from Morenci, AZ.
Turned out the dry lands are easier to work with for a beginner. :)

Been playing a bit with GIS and sattelite images. (learning curve for GIS is horrible!) :icon_scratch:
I believe I'm getting so far as to be able to find at least concentrations of limonite. Still a lot more to explore.

Those "pinkish" areas show where limonite is "leaking" from the mountain downwards.
So at least we know that the iron hat gold can wear can be found from satellite images. Kinda helping to find potential sites.

*Edit: Click on the picture for larger view!

PM me a direction and I'll give you an idea of what is in the area.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will do! Maybe we can get this working.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a note about dowsing: I worked for a mechanical contractor in the 80's that also had a service dept.
When the plumbers couldn't find underground water pipes they would come in for the dowsing rods.
They would find the pipes numerous times. As I remember not all the plumbers could make it happen
but two were especially good at it.

At one time in the SW USA bank loans for land could be made by the word of a dowser that water was there.
Don't know if that's still the case.

My understanding in India no rods are used. The dowser grabs their stomach and points their finger to the ground.

OP
OP
U

userkc

Nov 18, 2015
Novosibirsk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today understand where gold might be, you need to climb higher to the north, said the blue. It may be something left traces should be.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    594 KB · Views: 118

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
today understand where gold might be, you need to climb higher to the north, said the blue. It may be something left traces should be.

Your getting warmer. That area is still Gila Conglomerate. Zoom into that area on Google Earth and you'll see a small two track road in the area. Been there and drilled it.

Look a little further west from the area you posted.

I should clarify that in many areas of Gila Conglomerate, you will find traces of gold. It is just not economical to mine it. I know this area fairly well. And there are many mine shafts here that are not on any map. There are several near the area you posted that have produced gold in quartz ores.

Like I said, your getting warmer. Keep it up and I'll help you refine the process where I can.

OP
OP
U

userkc

Nov 18, 2015
Novosibirsk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I am close to the goal.

miners in Russia paid attention to me
there are those who have gone this season, according to my maps
already have a positive result.

I would like to dial immediately orders, pay later, according to the result.
I find interesting places where you mined, or where you are interested.
email: [email protected]

Alexander

Zig-Zag

Greenie
Jun 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is hilarious. RE: Remote sensing, I was camping in a large old mine when a helicopter flew by right in front of me 20 feet up with a pole off the front with a giant sensor. I had a metal detector with me so I laughed my ass off. Bad idea in AZ, too many bullets.

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This thread is hilarious. RE: Remote sensing, I was camping in a large old mine when a helicopter flew by right in front of me 20 feet up with a pole off the front with a giant sensor. I had a metal detector with me so I laughed my ass off. Bad idea in AZ, too many bullets.

If you have ever looked at a map trying to find a place to look for gold, then you have used a form of remote sensing. I use a process similar to what Alexander is using except I have added a few more layers to it like geological maps and fault maps.

And it isn't the amount of bullets on the ground here in AZ that causes the problems. It is the amount of iron ore we have in the ground here. Drives most of the equipment nuts with electrical interference. Soil alkalinity/acidity plays into this too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions