How many permitted gold mines are operating in California?

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Thanks man..I sent a letter to the BLM in Saramento and they didn't keep such records and referred me to the Forest service and another Gov't agency.On another reply from the BLM,the fellow said there are 40,000 claims..ha,ha. Guess he didn't understand the ??Typical Gov't stuff.One hand dosen't understand what the other is doing.How can they provide proper info and services if nothing is coordinated?I do know that the mine in Sutter Creek California waited 10-12 years for permits and then folded up after being open for a few months.That mine is just an hour north from me.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
This is a question that perhaps should be addressed to the Division of Mines and Geology, which is part of the California Department of Conservation.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like they are going to mine the old Pine Tree Mine on the south side of Bagby above the Merced River. Lots of drilling and seismic testing going on there right now. I believe I saw this area for sale a few years ago, something like 10 million dollars.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like they are going to mine the old Pine Tree Mine on the south side of Bagby above the Merced River. Lots of drilling and seismic testing going on there right now. I believe I saw this area for sale a few years ago, something like 10 million dollars.

That is the old Freemont land grant properties

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread