Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not so much about how much inclusions there are. But rather, what elements & inclusions are within. They can help to tell the details of the formation of what-ever-deposit.
For example NaCl (salt) in an inclusion might indicate there has been Cl (chloride) in the system and chloride is believed to be part of many gold mineralizations history.

However, for the average prospector that's nothing you need to worry about IMHO. Those kinda tests are more made for mines and learning about their ores formation.

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim,
That's what I was reading, was a mineralization report of an ore body. Most of it is pretty strait forward except a few new words.
but when it got to the electron microscope images and trace chemical and daughter isotopes stuff it kind of got over my head.
Wasnt sure if I needed to learn that stuff or not.

But my real interest is in pocket hunting more than tunneling anyway.

coincidentally the entire area boiled in salt water at some point. According to the report. At the time of formation it was an island.
It's a giant lava lamp.

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jim,
That's what I was reading, was a mineralization report of an ore body. Most of it is pretty strait forward except a few new words.
but when it got to the electron microscope images and trace chemical and daughter isotopes stuff it kind of got over my head.
Wasnt sure if I needed to learn that stuff or not.

But my real interest is in pocket hunting more than tunneling anyway.

coincidentally the entire area boiled in salt water at some point. According to the report. At the time of formation it was an island.
It's a giant lava lamp.

Skip all that complicated stuff and learn the basics first. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread