My Rock Crusher

hwatkins

Apr 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished up my rock crusher, it does the job, but I would change some things for version 2. I would probably go with an electric motor, the torque on the gas engine is not great at these speeds. I would also go with pillow block bearings and have the crusher hinged in the middle.

I haven't found any gold yet, but live in Georgia close to the gold belt (actually very near an outlying point of the gold belt) so there should at least be some around.

IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3907.JPG
IMG_3910.JPG
IMG_3918.JPG
IMG_3959.JPG
IMG_3961.JPG
IMG_3963.JPG

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
great job man!! My only suggestion is add a idler pully so you can slack up the belt for easier starts. Its a real pain to take it apart and clean it out if it dies when its full of material. just my 2 cents.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice build :icon_thumleft:
You could still go with an electric motor for home use and keep the gasoline engine for use out in the field.

GG~

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That looks really good; how much can it chew up in an hour do you figure.

OP
OP
H

hwatkins

Apr 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, I haven't really had a chance to time how fast it is. I just want to see a little gold in the pan.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn the quick links around!!! You want the nut to stay closed if it loosens during use. Centrifical force will keep the nut closed so you don't throw a chain. In your pic, a loose nut will open the link, and then you'll throw a chain.

Old aviation saying: "Bolt heads are always in the direction of flight or in the direction of rotation."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread