Blasting small time

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought this might be the place to ask, was wondering if you guys use the microblaster . if so where to get it, and how much, and are the blasting charges very expensive. would like some info about the system , but not getting much in the way of searching the net. the videos i have watched looked like what i want .but would like some more info.

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok i found them, and some prices .dos anybody recommend the cheapest places.

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
I retired from ADOT, we used a similar unit (Boulder Buster) to break boulders that fell into the highway. It used blank shotgun shells & w/ booster shells could break rocks up to 6' diameter. Much simpler & safer than the old days when we used dynamite!

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I retired from ADOT, we used a similar unit (Boulder Buster) to break boulders that fell into the highway. It used blank shotgun shells & w/ booster shells could break rocks up to 6' diameter. Much simpler & safer than the old days when we used dynamite!

I built a system like the Boulder Buster. Water does some amazing things to rock with a 12 gauge kick in the ***.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wear a good dust mask and earmuffs when drilling. I watched the video, guy had no safety equipment.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look up the Sierra Blaster. Heckuva lot cheaper.

The Sierra Blaster store is still down. It's a great system but if you cannot get the cartridges it's nothing more than an expensive paper weight.

I really like the electronic ignition system of the Sierra Blaster but like I said the store has been down for many months now and the last update was 5-23-2016. I don't think that is a way to treat people who have already bought the system or are looking at it.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sierra Blaster store is still down. It's a great system but if you cannot get the cartridges it's nothing more than an expensive paper weight.

I really like the electronic ignition system of the Sierra Blaster but like I said the store has been down for many months now and the last update was 5-23-2016. I don't think that is a way to treat people who have already bought the system or are looking at it.

Web store might be down but Aaron is still doing business, just talked to him at the Delta Gold Diggers Gold Show in Sonora.

[email protected] or call 775-525-1551

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Isn't it amazing what a shot gun shell can do.
Among other things some radial aircraft engines would use them to start.
Also ejection seats. Shoot you straight up.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't it amazing what a shot gun shell can do.
Among other things some radial aircraft engines would use them to start.
Also ejection seats. Shoot you straight up.

One of the great all time movie suspense scenes is where James Stewart is trying to get the engine to fire in Flight of the Phoenix. The 1965 version, not that modern abomination.

I FORBID YOU!!! YOU HEAR ME! I FORBID YOU!!!

Holy crap, it's on youtube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread