BEST NEAR SURFACE OXIDE ORE PROCESSING ANYONE?.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know... It could be..but the machinery seems too advanced for an arrastra..If you think about it .this operation was state of the art for the time it was functioning. Why would the big wheel be at the bottom in the rectangle structure?..I think it was used to mill the ore there.unless it was used for something else..it's a puzzle.
I Wil post pictures of gossans that pop up everywhere in this area..

Last edited:

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know... It could be..but the machinery seems too advanced for an arrastra..If you think about it .this operation was state of the art for the time it was functioning. Why would the big wheel be at the bottom in the rectangle structure?..I thing it was used to mill the ore there.unless it was used for something else..it's a puzzle.
I Wil post pictures of gossans that pop up everywhere in this area..

Here's a more modern equivalent of the one MM posted. This one is on a site I'll have under claim soon. I haven't been able to get completely into the area under it, but the bearing on the drive shaft in there is fairly modern.

arrastra.jpg

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES!!!!.thank you Saltwater. that's how that wheel must have been used!!!.even though I saw only one there might be the other one laying around.. the sediment is too deep due to the crumbling walls which are really thick.. anyone knows of any company in St Louis who was making this kind of machinery in the late 1800's and the early 1900's ?. I did some research and came up empty.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a more modern equivalent of the one MM posted. This one is on a site I'll have under claim soon. I haven't been able to get completely into the area under it, but the bearing on the drive shaft in there is fairly modern.

View attachment 1367325

Thank you for the pic, my friend. After spending the last four days in class getting updated training on hydraulics, my brain was fried last night and I couldn't find the pic I was looking for.

Manny,

An arrastra is quite effective at grinding up ore. It is just slow. If the oxide is as soft as you say, than an arrastra would work just fine. Maybe use an old axle with the rims bolted on. Wrap the rims with steel and fill with some concrete for weight. I'll do some digging on the company in St. Louis for you.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You My Friend..Let me know if something comes up about the Consulate...those playgrounds are waiting for You.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
YES!!!!.thank you Saltwater. that's how that wheel must have been used!!!.even though I saw only one there might be the other one laying around.. the sediment is too deep due to the crumbling walls which are really thick.. anyone knows of any company in St Louis who was making this kind of machinery in the late 1800's and the early 1900's ?. I did some research and came up empty.

From the opposite side.

555.jpg

I'm headed out there tomorrow. I'll check if there are any manufacturer's markings on it anywhere. I'll also do a video walk around on it too.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Manufacturer stamped "St Louis" on the side of the wheel. good luck on your trip saltwater..

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2016-10-09-13-59-50.png
This is a Gossan where one of the Tunnels is located.. here Native Gold was mined according to the last survivor who died in the 60's or early 70's.I didn't try to enter as it's flooded.even in the dry season the tunnel has a trickle of water coming out of it .it's right by the big tree.this would be my water source for my Gold cube or shaker table...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread